Chapter 24

I adjusted my veil in the mirror for the 5th time and no matter how much I did it, it still leaned to the side. I groaned and took the veil off my head and shoved it into a box labeled "wedding things". I wanted so badly to relive the greatest day of my life. But I don't think I could fit in my dress if I tried. I turned to the side and admired my stomach and how much it had grown in the past few months and I sighed. I could already tell that this child would be the death of me and it, and I only say "it" because I don't know the gender yet, wasn't even born yet.

Today was our gender reveal and even though I protested a great deal against it, my husband decided to throw it. He invited a bunch of our friends and family and set up the whole party and much to my dismay, he kept the gender from me. I changed into the dress Melody picked out for me and sighed as I walked downstairs to meet the already waiting guest. "Anna, honey, you look beautiful." My mom hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"Thanks mom, but I'm ready for baby x to come out. It's dragging me down and taking my spirit with it. I love baby x but oh boy." She laughed and placed her hand on my belly and smiled. "I'm sorry, mom. Just know, I would've loved to have another sibling." She frowned and I hugged her the best I could with this giant stomach in the way.

"It's comfort enough to know that I am going to have a beautiful grandchild." Dad came up and hugged me and then looked at my teary eyed mother and sighed. "I'm gonna go clean up. Mase, keep your daughter entertained." He smiled and agreed but as soon as she walked away, he scolded me. 

"We promised not to bring the baby up." I looked around at the party full of baby things and ultrasounds and normal BABY shower things. He followed my eyes and frowned. "Okay... this possibly was a bad idea on my part but still. Annabelle, she still cries at night, did you know that? Jake is worried as hell and I'm not sure how to reassure him that she's okay or that she ever will be again." 

"And we cant exactly expect her to be okay so soon after losing a baby. All we can do now is be there for her and love her. Just please be there- Oh hey mom." She rejoined our small circle and smiled. 

"Kyle sent me to get you. He says it's time!" She did her best to show as much excitement as she could. She grabbed my hand and dragged me towards my husband and the rest of the party. I sat in a chair next to Kyle and he kissed me on my cheek and I grinned. A friend of Kyle's brought a box out supposedly filled with balloons that had the gender of our new baby. I had to admit that I was nervous but I didn't really want a specific gender. The box was tied together with a bow and Kyle left it up to me to untie it. 

I reached over my stomach, which was impossible to do, and gripped on to the ribbon and pulled...

It was a girl! 

~~~~

Hey Loyal Readers! This Officially the end of the story! Thank you for sticking around and baring with me through this fun process!