Chapter 5

Needless to say my mom flipped on me when she found out I left Kyle at the ice cream parlor. I had never seen her turn so red, it was ridiculous. I didn't really see what the big deal was, he didn't even want to be there. Besides, I left him with cheerleaders. You'd think he'd be extremely happy. But no, he was upset, and now I have to apologize because the little baby cried to his mom, who then cried back to my mom.

I sighed and lifted my hand to knock on the door. It opened and the face of a very upset Kyle looked back at me. "I'm sorry... for you know, leaving you with the hot cheerleaders. And also for trying to show you around a town that you showed no interest in. Uh yeah, I'll see you tomorrow." I started to walk away but then he grabbed my arm and spun me back towards him. "What?"

"You left me at an ice cream parlor, in a town I barely know, because of hot cheerleaders... and you're mad?" He sounded bewildered and angry at the same time. I shrugged my shoulders and half smiled. "You're a lunatic." I thanked him and walked back into my house. I plopped down on the couch and sighed as I clicked on the TV.

Tomorrow was the first day I would be tutoring Aiden and so far I hadn't been able to shake the nerves. And that bothered me. I was getting all nervous and shaken up over a guy who had a girlfriend. A girlfriend whom he loved by the way. And here I was, freaking out about a stupid tutoring session, that meant absolutely nothing. As I think about it, I had been fawning over the same guy for years and it's prevented me from even thinking about other guys in the same way I think about him, and again, he has a girlfriend, which made me seem like a total idiot.

I sighed again and officially declared myself over Aiden. I knew it wasn't going to be that easy, but I hoped it would make the session tomorrow, a lot simpler. My mom strolled into the living room and I automatically knew what she wanted to talk about. She sat down next to me and smiled. "Did you apologize?" I nodded and focused more on the TV. "Good, because I scheduled a redo!" I shut off the TV and faced my mom. She held her hands up defensively and smiled. "Don't worry. We'll obviously be tagging along, as will his family. Just to make sure, the whole, leaving him at a place in a town he's new to, thing doesn't happen again." I did my best to scowl but I was never really good at being angry, so when I did scowl, my mom only laughed. "We'll be taking their family to the beach for a picnic. And you can spend that time getting to know Kyle. We're going tomorrow after you're done tutoring, so be ready!"

She jumped off the couch, obviously excited about what she had just told me. Me, however, I was not excited one bit. I groaned aloud and then my mom called me to dinner. Dinner went by pretty fast and I was ready to sleep by the time 10 o'clock hit. Tomorrow was going to be an exhausting day, I could already tell. From tutoring the guy I am trying to fall out of love with, to befriending the guy next door. I didn't particularly look forward to either, but at this point, I don't think I had a choice.

My alarm went off earlier than expected and then I figured my mom had changed it again. She's done it before, waited till I went to sleep and then changed my alarm to an earlier time. She thought of it as a "joke" but in reality, it only made me crankier. I sighed and threw the duvet off of me and lugged out of bed. I silently thanked my mom for waking me earlier so that I would have time to mentally prepare for the disaster that is about to be this tutoring session. I mentally prepared an outfit and then quickly showered.

I told Aiden to be here around 8 and at about 7:59, my door bell rang. I smiled and instinctively fixed my hair. I slowly opened the door and frowned as I saw who accompanied Aiden. Cruella De Ville in the flesh. "Aiden... Chloe?" She smiled and a look of dismay crossed Aiden's face. I inwardly laughed and welcomed them both into the house and led them into the dining hall. "Sorry, I asked you to come earlier than we planned, my mom wanted me to go to the beach and bond with the neighbors." He shrugged and sat down at the table with Chloe in desperate tow.