Chapter 15

The next day at school, wasn't the best. Why you may ask? Because first let's start with the fact that after a day of staying home, I was still sick. What made it worse was, Kyle was sick as well. So that morning when we walked into school, both absent yesterday, both sick, it looked a bit suspicious. Not that something didn't happen yesterday... Which brings me to reason number two. Today sucks because I messed up last night. And I messed up big time. I hadn't mad eye contact with Kyle once, mainly because well, I just didn't want to talk to him about what we did. Not only that, I didn't want him to talk about how said I was worth it. Worth what? Getting sick over? If you ask me, no one is worth looking like you're in the beginning of your death sentence for. But that's just me... 

I walked up to my locker, where Melody was standing waiting for me. She was smiling at her phone and leaning against the locker next to mine. "Texting your "girlfriend" Or is it just a funny picture, because if so, I wanna see." She jumped and looked up from her phone and at me and smirked. 

"I noticed you and what's his face were absent yesterday... Did you get laid or something?" My cheeks warmed up and I directed my attention to my locker, ignoring the question. "Anna... I was joking. Did you seriously sleep with what's his face?!" I took my head out of my locker and nodded at her. Her facial expression went from excited to the disappointed look my mom normally gives me when I get a bad grade. "WHAT?! HOW COULD YOU S-" I slammed my locker close and covered her mouth, dragging her into the nearby bathroom. 

"Oh yeah sure, why not just tell the whole school I slept with Kyle." She rolled her eyes and snatched my hand off of her face, obviously pissed at me. "Look, I'm sorry I didn't tell you but to be honest with you, I didn't even want to tell myself. I was sick and my mind wasn't in the right place. Trust me, Kyle is the last person I would ever want to give my virginity to." And even as I said it, I knew I didn't mean it and by the look on Mel's face, she did too. Her face softened and she looked at me. "I don't know, I guess I like Kyle. After the lake trip..." I looked up at Mel obviously forgetting that I didn't tell her about the lake, "I'll tell you later, anyways, after that, I don't know. It's stupid. Maybe it's just a crush, I'll get over it. Besides, I went on a date with Aiden. That's all that matters right?" 

Mel nodded supportively and hugged me. "My little baby, I feel like a proud mother. I thought you wouldn't lose it until you were at least 30. Ugh you were so innocent, what happened?!" She pretended to tear up and I slapped her arm. The bell rung signaling that we had 1 minute to get to homeroom, otherwise we would be late. Mel and I left the bathroom and rushed off to class. Just as we walked in, the final bell rung and we went to our seats. Aiden walked in behind us and smiled over in my direction and I felt my cheeks heat up. He took the seat next to mine and Mel elbowed me in the side. 

"Um.. Hi Aiden." He grinned and before he could say anything back, the teacher began to talk about the upcoming project. 

"Okay class. We'll be starting the dream home project, which will tie into the dream family assignment. You will be assigned a different partner for each project, but they will be continuous. Which means that when you are done, you can choose to wait on your second partner or you can choose to start the project without them. This shouldn't be a problem for you because we have done this before, but with you guys, it's always a surprise." She looked down at the clipboard in her hand and sighed. 

"I'm going to announce your partners and we all know how I hate to repeat myself so please, remain quiet while I do this." She named off the partners and everyone listened attentively. "Melody, your first partner is Jacob, and your second is... Aiden." Mel frowned and rolled her eyes. "Annabelle, your first partner is Aiden." YES! "And your second partner is Kyle." BULL- "Is there a problem Anna..?" I said that aloud.. I SAID THAT ALOUD. I shook my head no and the teacher continued announcing partners.