Chapter 19

Luckily for me, it didn't take very long for the week to pass, but unfortunately I was still stuck in this stupid hospital bed with crappy food coming to me every few hours. Tonight was the night of homecoming so I didn't really expect anyone to come visit. Although, I haven't been getting many visitors. Mel stopped by a few times and much to my dismay, so did Aiden. I didn't mind him coming to check up on me every now and then but when I was trying to make the decision of whether or not I wanted him or Kyle, I'd mind a little space. Speaking of Kyle, he hasn't visited me. I actually don't think he's even asked about me...

"Okay, Ms. Annabelle, It's time for your medication. Now remember, this medication makes you drowsy, so if you have to use the restroom, do it before you take this. Because once you're out, you'll be out for a few hours." The nurse smiled and began to tidy up a bit while I took my medication. She took the cup containing my medication and left the room and I began to doze off a little. I checked the time on my phone, hoping the pictures I made Mel promise to send me came in. Unfortunately they hadn't but that didn't matter much as dozed off quickly.

When I woke up the room was sparkling. I wasn't sure if it had to do with the fact that the medication affected my vision for a few minutes but when it cleared, I found that the source of light was coming from the hanging lights. There was streaming coming down from the ceiling and lights stringing above my head. I sat up and looked around and found Kyle sitting in a chair across from my bed in a suit. He looked up from his hands and smiled at me. "It's absolutely insane that you still look gorgeous while in a hospital gown and a pale white face." He cleared his throat and stood up, brushing off his suit. "Disregard the pale comment, you look beautiful."

I looked around the room and smiled, "You did this?" He nodded as he pulled a chair up to my bed. "This seems dangerous" I glanced over to him and he laughed.

"The nurse said it was fine, as long as I had them down in 2 hours." He grasped my hand and looked at me. And I mean really looked at me. "You couldn't go to the dance... so I brought it to you. Well, as best as I could. Mel helped out, she even got you something." He pointed to the dress bag draped across a chair and the corsage sitting next to it. "It's my last homecoming... and I was hoping to get a dance with the most beautiful girl that would've been there." He stood and retrieved the dress and brought it to me. I took it and with Kyle's help, stood up to go change in the bathroom.

The dress Mel got me was red and had a mermaid type style. I smiled slyly as I slipped into the dress and attempted to fix my face in the mirror. I took a deep breath before opening the door and facing Kyle. He turned around and looked at me and I swear I heard him stop breathing. I saw the look in his eyes and I remembered seeing my father look at my mom like that once when she wasn't paying attention. "You look... Anna you look... oh my." He smiled and slowly crossed the room, corsage in hand. I held out my arm and he grabbed it, kissing my hand before placing the corsage on it. I immediately felt my cheeks heat up and from the smile on his face, I could tell my cheeks were red. "Can I have this dance?"

"There's no music." I felt stupid right after I said that. Why not just say yes. He held up one finger and pulled his phone out of his pocket. He chose a slow song and put it on a quiet volume so that we could hear it and then held out his hand for me to take. I took it quickly, trying not to seem too eager. The song started and I rested my hand on his shoulder first looking at him and then the wall to avoid his stare. His hand grazed my lower back and I melted against his touch. For awhile, we just rocked back and forth to the music and then the song ended and Kyle looked at me.

"Annabelle, I... I like you a lot. Like a lot. And I know I sound like a five year old when I say this, but  I do. Like there are so many times where I catch myself thinking about you, constantly. I don't know why I'm saying this but I just feel like now is a good moment to do so." My hand dropped off of his shoulder and his face dropped as I backed away to look at him. He looked down at his hand and I could see them shaking... was he nervous? I grabbed his shaking hands and he looked up at me. Now felt like a good time to kiss him so I did. He let go of my hands and wrapped his arms around my torso and pulled my body closer to his and while my arms slipped around his neck. I felt fireworks throughout my body but when we broke apart , I immediately felt guilty. I touched my lips and backed away until I was sitting on my hospital bed. "Anna, are you-"

The nurse came in and I tried my hardest to hide my relief from Kyle. "Oh! Sorry for interrupting! Honey, its about time for you to eat and take your medicine! Oh and love your dress." I looked over at Kyle who was slipping on his jacket. The nurse apologized again before scurrying off into the hall to get my food. "Kyle, I... I'm sorry." He shook his head and smiled. He stepped closer to my bed and kissed my cheek.

"I get it... bad timing." my heart broke with the crack in his voice and he began to walk out.

"Kyle, I love you. I just... I just can't right now. But I do." He stopped at the door and turned around and smiled at me.

"I love you too, Anna..." And with that, he turned and walked out.

~~~~

Sorry this is such short chapter! It's meant to be a filler. But Merry Christmas (Sorry its late) and Happy New Years to all of my readers! Thank you guys for being such amazing people and showing my story so much love!! It truly means a lot!