Chapter 46

~A Night in Italy.~

“Volare ho ho! Cantare ho ho ho ho!!

Nel blu dipinto di blu! Felice di stare lassù!”

    A beautiful, magical music was sounding loudly from the living room. When I walked inside I saw Tom singing along with Domenico Modugno. He was cooking, having a glass red wine next to him and singing-

“Ma tutti i sogni! Nell'alba svaniscon perchè,

quando tramonta la luna

li porta con se!”

   He was smiling and opened the spaghetti package while he was moving his body. Outside it had started raining but inside our apartment was like a cloudless, starry night in Italy. Full of romance and that special touch of the Italian magic.

   I had just finished making mine and Henry’s bedrooms when I walked into the living room. I smiled and stood there, just looking at him.

”Place some rock salt… this will give a strong taste of Italy.” I told him and hugged him from behind.

“Thank you darling!” Tom said and leaned to kiss my lips.

   His warm lips had a taste of red wine. I licked them and smiled when he looked into my eyes.

“Voooooolaaaaareeee ho ho! Caaaaantaaareeee ho ho hoho!”

Tom sang to me warmly and placed me in front of him.

“Tonight we are having an Italian night. Just you and me darling.” He kindly said and got one step back as he placed the same song from the beginning.

“My lady, will you dance with me?” Tom kindly asked and reached his hand towards me.

   I giggled and placed my palm over his. When his eyes looked at me, his face lighted up from happiness. And right there, in the middle of the apartment’s little kitchen we started dancing to that delicate, beautiful, romantic, old and intoxicated sound.

  Holding me close to him, having his hands gently around my waist, looking into my eyes with full of love eyes. My heart was winking and I felt more in love than ever before!

   Tom kept singing and I placed my head on his warm chest.

“I had no idea you knew Italian…”

“I don’t… I have just heard this song so many times that it’s like I know…” He said and laughed.

“Do you know what those words mean?”

“Right here it says…” Tom paused for a second and started reciting in English the lyrics. “Happy, higher than the sun

And yet more up, while the world is slowly vanishing… In your blue eyes your voice is a soft music; that plays for me!”

“You are so crazy!” I laughed and kissed his lips.

  His warm hands caressed my cheeks and he kissed my forehead. Then I noticed that his eyes saw that I was wearing my bathrobe. I smiled.

“Do you want to join me?” I asked kindly him.

“Mmmm… very tempting darling but I’m making pasta…” He said and gracefully he pulled a bit down the sleeve of my bathrobe to kiss my shoulder. 

“Oh… that’s too bad…” I teased him and giggled.

“Don’t worry, I won’t leave you all alone in that bathtub…”

“I’m counting on this.” I said and turned over to him.

   Carefully I tangled my hands around his neck and pressed my lips on his.