Chapter 55

~England, Is Not Like Home.~

“Yes brother, I’m here. I’ll be fine… Yeah, I just stopped editing… Ok, go back to sleep…” The strange man hung up the call in his Blackberry, looked out of the Jeep’s window and wondered: “How do these English people drive from the left side of the road?

    The strange man looked into the car, at his left his assistant was sitting, she had her tablet open and she was working.

“Hey… Emma…?” The strange man whispered.

“Give me a second.”

   His assistant did some last things and then turned her face to look at him.

“Are we there yet?” The strange man asked her.

She checked her watch and then nodded her head.

“Almost there.” She replied.

   The jet lack was killing him. The strange man had passed the past few hours into the airplane travelling all the miles and the oceans to England. He looked out of the window and yawned.

“Will my room be ready?” The strange man asked his assistant again.

“Of course.” She replied.

   Some hours later the Jeep stopped out of the five-star hotel. The strange man wore his hat, his sun glasses and made his trench coat. Before he gat out he noticed that no reporters had come. Of course, England wasn’t like home…

   The strange man walked to the reception along with his assistant. He didn’t bother to take off his sunglasses, even though it was night out side.

“Hello, I’m Emma. We spoke on the phone. Are our bedrooms ready?”

“Of course madam.”

“Can I have my key?” The strange man asked.

“Of course sir. Room 310.”

   The strange man took the key-card and kissed his assistant on her cheek.

“Have a goodnight Emma. I’ll see you in breakfast.” He kindly said and walked to the elevator.

   The strange man opened his bedroom’s door and walked inside. He opened all the lights in his room and placed his suitcase on the floor. He closed the door behind him and looked around the room, Emma did a very good choice. The view from the windows were breathtaking but the strange man was too tired too look out.

   He took off his hat, his sunglasses and his trench coat and left them on the couch of his room. While he was walking further inside towards the huge bed the strange man stopped and took off his favourite shoes.

   When he saw the bed he left down his backpack and undressed. He yawned for one last time and while he was scratching the back of his neck he walked to the bathroom.

   The strange man looked at his self on the mirror and noticed how much brighter those lights were making his blue eyes showing. He smiled to his mirrored self and his self smiled back to him. The man walked to his bed and before he lie down he took in his hands his Blackberry and from his backpack a bottle of coconut water.

   The strange man placed his head on the pillow and yawned for one last time. He looked at his Blackberry, it was already too late, he needed some sleep, he was too tired.

   The strange man had a smile on his face when his eyes closed tiredly. With one move of his hand all the lights in the room turned off. He took a deep breath and tried to open his eyes once more, but he was exhausted.

I’m in England.” He thought. “What the fuck am I doing here?” He wondered. “Will he recognise me? Will he want to talk to me? Is he going to look like me now that he grew up? I wonder… I missed him… I missed them both so much… This time I won’t fuck up everything… This time I’ll do the right thing. This time I came back for my son...

   The strange man opened a bit his eyes and looked out, the view from the window in his bedroom.

“I’m here Henry…” The strange man said to him self and fell into deep sleep.