Chapter 59

~The Years I Can’t Bring Back Will Haunt Me.~

                                       JARED’S POV:

“Can I come in?” I asked her as I opened a bit the door of her bedroom.

   She didn’t answer.

   I walked inside and closed the door behind me.

“I made some vegan pasta… if you are hungry…”

“I don’t want to eat.”

“What can I do to make you feel better?” I asked her and sat on the edge of her bed.

“Can you turn back time?” Alice asked me and turned her head to look at me.

“No…”

“Then you can do nothing.”

“Have you been crying all this time?”

“Why do you care?”

“Alice I… I’m sorry…”

  She nodded her head without looking at me.

“It’s my fault…” I said.

“No, it is also mine. If I had say to Tom from the beginning the truth… now… we wouldn’t have been here…”

“Come here…” I told her as I lie down to the bed and pulled Alice close to me.

   She placed her head on my chest and started crying again.

“Sssshhhh… Ssshhhh…” I was trying to calm her down.

“I’m such a fool…”

“Don’t talk like this…”

“I love him Jared… But now he hates me…” She was crying out.

   I didn’t answered, I just held her close to me and rubbed her back. I didn’t know this guy, who was he, what relationship he had with Alice and with my son… but Alice was so in love with him. Her love for him was deeper than ours.

   After hours of crying Alice had slept after all in my arms, just like the old days.

“I’m sorry Alice… I promise I’ll make up everything.” I whispered and took my phone off my pocket

“Emma? I need your help.” I said to my assistant when she answered the phone.

~*~

“Are you there?” Emma asked me.

“I’m going to the elevator right now. Thanks.” I said and hung up the phone.

   The doors of the elevator closed and I pressed the button for the fifth floor. When the doors opened I looked and the left and saw the door of that guy’s apartment.

   I walked and pressed the doorbell. He had to be inside, he must have been-

   Without any warning the tall English guy named Tom, opened the door of his apartment. When his eyes crossed with mine I felt negative energy drawing me. I was un-welcomed there, but I wasn’t doing it for me but for Alice and Henry.

“May I come in?” I asked him.

“I believe we have nothing to say.”

“Speak for yourself.” I said and walked into his apartment.

“How dare you coming in my house?”

“Look I-”

“Do you want me to call the security?”

“No because if you do, then I’ll do it and if we both call our securities then the Media will gather. Do you want that?” I asked him.

“Then talk. What do you want?”

“I came here because of Alice.”

   The tall English guy placed his hands on the sides of his torso and looked at me.

“Did she send you here?”

“No, I came because I fucked up her life and everything she ever loved.”

   The English guy looked at me.

“I had the perfect relationship with Alice and we were so happy together; I kept no secrets from her but she…she-she-she-”

“She told you I was dead. And she told you the truth. Because I was absent from their lives for so many fucking years that I can’t bring back.” I looked him in his eyes. “No matter how much this hurts me it’s the truth. She and my son love you very much. But do you love them?” I asked him.

   He looked at me without saying anything.

“I don’t know anymore…” He replied in the end. “I don’t know what to believe, what’s real and what’s not… You know, I wonder if she has told me other lies as well…”

“She didn’t.”

“And how do you know?”

“I just know.” I said and lifted my shoulders a bit to look taller.

“Remind me why you are here?”

“To warn you.”

“What?!”

“Alice is pregnant and apparently she’s from you.”

“Pregnant?”

“Yes. Because when I was in the apartment with her she threw up, this is how she was when she was pregnant to Henry. So I suggest you to decide now if you love her or not.” I turned to walk away when I stopped and looked at him. “Don’t make the same mistake I did.” I told him and walked out of his apartment.