Story 24: Unexpected Surprise

Justin smiled as his lover brought him breakfast in bed. He ran his hand sleepily through his hair. "Well, this is an unexpected surprise."

Brian rolled his eyes, setting the tray down on the bedside table. "Yeah, well, don't get used to it." He sat down on the edge of the bed, turning his head to look at Justin, a small smile on his face. "But, I figured you could use some sustenance after last night."

Justin smiled sitting up straight in the bed, wincing slightly. "So is this an 'I'm sorry I fucked your brains out last night and now you can't get out of bed' breakfast?"

Brian shrugged his shoulders, a smirk playing at the corners of his lips. "If that's what you want to call it."

Justin held his hands out for the tray. "Alright then. Let's see how good your cooking is."

Brian grabbed the tray, setting it on Justin's lap, an expectant look on his face. He chucked before speaking. "I take offense to that, Mr. Taylor. I know how to cook, I just prefer not to."

Justin took a strip of bacon off the plate and bit into it. "Yum."

Brian rolled his eyes. "Leave it to you to go straight for the fatty, greasy foods," he laughed, reaching over to snatch a piece of sliced fruit off the tray, and popping it into his mouth.

Justin finished his strip of bacon and then grabbed a fruit off his tray. In a few minutes, he was done with his whole plate. He wiped his mouth with a napkin. "You've outdone yourself, Mr. Kinney. If you didn't think kitchen jobs were for the commoners, you could be a chef."

Brian snorted, holding back his laughter. "Thanks, but I think I'll stick to advertising," he said, moving the empty tray back onto the side table.

"Whatever makes you happy." Justin smiled and laid back down in the bed.

With the breakfast tray finally out of the way, Brian rolled on top of the younger man, a small smile on his face. "You make me happy."

Justin's smile widened. He wrapped his arms around Brian's neck. "You make me happy too. Also annoyed and frustrated and angry. But mostly happy." He chuckled.

Brian slapped Justin's thigh. "You little shit!" It was useless to try to hide his smile. He moved off Justin, balancing his weight on his elbow. "Just as well," he sighed dramatically. "That's what I get for trying to be romantic."

Justin turned on his side so he was looking at Brian. "I thought you didn't do romance?"

"I don't," he replied quickly, before Justin could get any other words in. "This just goes to show what happens when I do."

"You should do it more often. Then maybe I wouldn't be a smart ass about it." He kissed Brian softly chuckling.

"Yeah," Brian huffed, "and then you'll tell me I'm doing it wrong." He shook his head, waving Justin off. "I think I'll stick to what I know. At least I didn't fuck up breakfast."

"You should cook for me more often." Justin ran his fingers over Brian's back.

Brian laughed. "I thought I told you not to get used to this," he said. "Romantic gestures are few and far between for me, you know that." He started placing gentle kisses on Justin's face, his neck. "But if it's any consolation," he whispered, "I'm glad you liked it."

Justin looked down at Brian as he kissed his neck. "I loved it. I love when you do things for me."

"Oh, you do?" Brian asked playfully, the corner of his mouth turning up to form a boyish, almost childlike smile.

"Yes, I do." Justin ran his hands through Brian's hair, making it messy which only made Brian look sexier in Justin's opinion. "Because I know I'm the only one who gets that kind of treatment."