Story 30: Dinner Time

"I'm supposed to be cooking dinner," Justin said against his lover's lips. He kissed him back, passionately wrapping an arm around his neck. He chuckled, trying to pull away. "Come on, you're going to make me burn it."

"Hmm," Brian smiled, planting another kiss on Justin's lips, holding him close. "I don't care. We'll order in. It wouldn't be the first time."

Justin pulled away again pouting. "But I already went through all this work."

Brian groaned, finally releasing him. "Fine. Go do your wifely duties. What's the occasion, anyway?"

"I just felt like cooking for you."

"How romantic," Brian said, tongue-in-cheek. "So, Chef Taylor, what are we having?"

"Chicken Stir-Fry." He offered Brian a little of the food, holding the fork to his lips.

Brian eyed the fork curiously before he finally took the offered bite, chewing slowly. "That's pretty good," he said, genuinely surprised. "Where'd you find that recipe?"

"My mom used to make it all the time. It was Molly's favorite."

"Hmm." Brian nodded his head, moving to wrap his arm around Justin's waist loosely. "Well, you must thank Mother Taylor for me."

"I'll be sure to mention it." Justin turned his head to kiss Brian's cheek. He turned off the stove.

"Good," Brian said, a playful smile gracing his lips. "Now that dinner's ready, we can return to our previous activities?" he asked hopefully, nuzzling his face into the side of Justin's neck.

"And what would those activities be?"

"Well, I think I was kissing you," Brian said quietly, teasingly, "but you so rudely pushed me away because you thought our dinner would burn."

Justin kissed Brian, pulling away quickly.

Brian pulled back, a playful smirk on his face. "I think you can do better than that, Sunshine."

Justin wrapped his arms around Brian's neck, kissing him deeply. He tilted his head slight, tangling his hands in Brian's hair.

Brian hummed into the kiss, one of his hands reaching down to grip the younger man's waist while the other held him steady by the back of the neck.

Justin pulled away chuckling. "Better?"

"Much."

"Now let's eat before we do anything else."

"Yes, dear."

Justin pulled away from Brian and fixed their plates for dinner.

Brian watched Justin bustle around the kitchen, moving to lean against the counter.

Justin handed Brian his plate. "Let's eat." He moved to sit at the table.

Brian followed Justin to the table, sitting down across from him. There was something strangely domestic about it, but Brian didn't let it bother him.

Justin started to eat dinner, marveling in how well he had done. "Not bad for the second time I made this."

Brian took a bite, chewing slowly. "When did you make this before? I don't ever remember you making this?"

"I made it when I still lived at my mom's. This is the first time I made it for you."

Brian nodded. "What made you want to make it this time?"

"I wanted you to taste it."

Brian nodded before taking another bite. "So," he said jokingly, "you're not trying to poison me? That's a relief."

"Trust me, you would know if I was trying to poison you. I've never been the best liar."

Brian laughed at that; he had to. "Yeah," he said. "You're right about that one, Sunshine. You're an open book."

"Don't make it sound like a good thing. People need the ability to lie. That's how relationships last."

Brian eyed Justin carefully. "I've never lied to you."

Justin looked up from his plate. "No. Because our relationship is different. It can work without being based on bullshit."

"Eloquently put, Mr. Taylor."

"Thank you. I do quite well with words." He smiled.

"Lest we forget your modesty," Brian teased.

"I learned from you that being modest is a fool's trade." He chuckled lightly.

"Are you saying that I'm not modest?"

"Not most of the time."

"Twat."

"No name calling."

"Yes, dear."