One

Christian's Point Of View:

Fuck! I'm gonna be late! I'm gonna be late!

I rush across Seattle State University, a steaming cup of coffee in my hand and my backpack slung over my shoulder.

I had less than eight minutes to get to my business class across campus before my asshole professor closed his door. You think that this being my second year of college, I would have enough sense to set an alarm.

I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket and sigh as I fish it out my pocket and elbow my way through the thick throng of students.

"Yes, Maria?" I say as I slip inside the building my class is in.

"Baby, where are you?" She whines on the other end of the phone.

I inhale deeply, I hate being questioned.

"Where do you think?" I say as calmly as I can.

"Aw, but baby I wanted more of...you." I can practically hear her pouting over the phone.

"I'll take care of you later, goodbye." I hang up and slip into class on time. Thankfully.

I feel my phone vibrate again and roll my eyes. Maria was so annoying but, she was a good fuck. That's the only reason I kept her around. I don't understand why she thinks we're together though. I've told her countless times she's just someone for me to do.

I sit down and my hand automatically reaches out and grabs the only thing that really calms me, my mystery chain.

I've had it since I was sixteen. I haven't the slightest clue where it came from or why it holds so much power over me, but I never go anywhere without it.

It's a simple platinum slim chain with a ring at the bottom. The letter, "A" carved on the outside and, "C" carved on the inside. I run my thumb across the "A" and wait for the professor to start class.

I wish I knew what it meant, but I can't remember. Anything before I woke up in the hospital is fuzzy. I just remember some bright light and a loud noise and, a scream......

"Alright class, open up your books to page 105 of your textbooks."

I snap out of my thoughts and take out my textbooks. It's going to be a long day.