Chapter Eighteen

Kate wiped her eyes again as my mother rubbed her back.

The officer was saying something about finding her.

Finding, Ana.

I felt like someone was squeezing my heart, ripping it out, and stepping on it.

"There was some blood found in the staircase. We don't know if it's hers or not. We're running some test now..."

I couldn't help but to lean over and grab hold of my desk chair. I clutched on to my chest as pains shot through it.

They fucking took her. She could be hurt....dea.....oh God...why?!?!

"Ahh..." another pain shoots through my chest and I let out a soft groan.

"Sir, this Maria woman, does she have any connections to anyone bad?" The officer asks me, as the other officer walks around Ana's room and looks for clues.

I shake my head, "Just Elena."

"Any clue on who the man that took Miss. Steel could be?" He asked as he wrote something down on his notepad.

I shake my head again.

A short officer walks into the room and hands something to the officer questioning me.  He looks it over before nodding.

"Does this man look familiar?" He holds up a fuzzy picture from the security cameras and I feel my heart explode in my chest.

"No! Noooo! Fuck!" I cry out as I stare at the pimp that fucked up my life.

___________________

"They saw you take her, dumbass!" Elena screams and slaps Maria clean across her cheek.

I groan and try to roll over, but my ribs smart in protest.  All three, Elena, Maria, and the pimp, turn to look at me.

"And you just had to beat the bitch halfway to death!"  Elena screams at the pimp, who smiles.

"It got her to stop screaming, didn't it?" He laughed as he walked over and pressed his boot onto my side.

"Ahhhhh!!!!" My scream isn't above a whisper.

Maria smiles at my pain and so does Elena.

"True." Elena laughs and comes to stand over me.

"You should have just left him alone." With that, she spits on me and kicks me in my stomach.

_______________

"The police are going to search Elena's home and Maria's home as well." Mom whispers as she holds me in her arms.

"What if they kill her? It'll be my fault. I should have just left her alone. I should have just left her alone. I don't deserve her. I should have just left her alone."

Dad closes his eyes and leaves the room as mom counties to hold me.

_______________

They're dragging me. Out of a small house, into the car. I feel so weak. So tired. My eyes shut for just a moment and when they open again, I'm being dragged again.

I'm outside. It's dark. It's raining.

I'm cold.

I'm wet.

"Leave her ass here, hopefully when they find her, she won't be dead."  Someone says.

I hear a car driving away.

I'm so cold.

So tired.

Wet.

I....miss...Christian

So tired.

"Look over there!!!!" I hear someone call out from far away.

I should call out to them, but I can't.

I'm too tired.

So tired.

My eyes start to drift close.

"Anastasia?! Oh my God, I found her!!!!"