Chapter Eleven

"Yeah, I know. No, he seems fine physically and mentally, but with her missing....I know, I KNOW Mom. Yes, I'll keep an eye on him. Okay, bye...BYE."

I listen as Elliot talks to our mother in the hallway, outside my dorm room.
It's been three days since I've last seen Anastasia, since anyone has seen her.

I cover my face and inhale deeply as once again, all of the memories of pur time together come flooding back to me.

The first time I seen her, our first kiss, my birthday party, the necklaces....

"Fuuuuucccccckkkkkk!" I stand up and knock over whatever is in my path.

"How the hell can she just DISAPPEAR?!"I shout into the empty room.

Elliot slowly opens the door and closes it behind him.

"You should get some sleep, bro." Elliot says quietly, nodding at the messy, unmade bed.

"I can't...all....all I see is her." I whisper, and start to pace.

"Maybe we should go home, get away from here for a few weeks. It's almost time for winter break anyway. You can take your finals early and leave." Elliot tried to reason with me, but he knew I wouldn't leave.

"No, I can't leave not until I find...." I stopped mid sentence when someone knocked on the door.

Elliot started at me and I stared at him.

"Who is it?" Elliot called out.

"It's me, duh." I hear Maria snarl on the other side of the door.

I roll my eyes and go back to pacing.

"Uhh, no one here, but us chickens." Elliot calls out and starts making clucking noises.

"You're damn right, Christian damn sure is a chicken! He's a chicken for not wanting to take care of our baby! I'll sue your ass for child support and take every dime in your trust fund!!!!" Maria screamed before she kicked the locked door and stormed off.

With a sigh, I slumped down into my desk chair.

"Christian, you gotta do something about a that chick. What if she really is carrying your kid?" Elliot asked, throwing his body down onto my bed.

Again, I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, and we'll get married and live happily ever after."

Elliot raised his hands in surrender and said nothing else.

Another knock came from the door, I shot up, stormed over to the door and yanked it open.

I expected to see Maria standing there, instead, there she stood, Anastasia.

"Ana....." I barely managed to whisper.

She stood there with neatly folded clothes in her arms.

"Um, I just wanted to return your clothes...." She said softly, staring down at the floor.

Using my index finger, I tilted her chin upward so I could look into her eyes.

Those beautiful, big, blue eyes.

"Ana...." I whispered again.

"Christian....." She whispered back, her voice breaking.

"Ana, she...I don't...." I couldn't seem to find the words.

"It's okay, Christian. It's none of my business. You were entitled to move on. You couldn't even remember us...or me....." A single tear ran down her cheek.

"Ana..."

"Here. I have to go." She quickly shoved the clothes into my arms and walked away.

"Ana! I don't love her! I never did! All this time, I've felt empty, like apart of me has been missing. When,....when I kissed you at that party, before I even knew who you were, I felt complete. It's you, Anastasia, it's always has been and always will be you who has my heart." I call out after her.

Ana stops in the middle of the hallway and turns to look at me, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I may have your heart, but she has your child." Anastasia says, before turning and  getting on the elevator.

I can't let her get away, not again. I toss the clothes aside and start to run. I burst through the emergency stair exit and run down the flight of stairs, barefoot. I keep running until I reach the lobby and stand in front of the elevator.

When the doors slide open, Ana stands there, shocked.

"She's....lying..." I pant, then before she can respond, I step into the elevator and press my lips against hers.

I know, I know. I've been gone forever. I'm sorry. I haven't had to passion to write or the time. I'll try to update more, I promise!

X's & O's times, Fifty! 😘😉