Chapter Ten

"Ana, what's wrong? You missed all my calls to meet up at the coffee shop." Kate comes in trying her best not to let all her books and things fall out of her arms.

I stare at her as all my memories of her from high school come flooding back.

She's changed a lot. New hair color, a lot slimmer, a lot nicer too.

"Ana?" She snaps her fingers in my face after she's dumped all her things on to her bed.

"How's Tyla and Aaliyah?" I ask her.

It's almost comical how wide her eyes get. Kate backs away from me slowly, like she's afraid I'll jump up and beat her to a pulp.

"You...you remember?!" Her voice is strained and her eyes are still wide.

I simply nod.

"How?" She whispers.

"Long story." I whisper back and try to fight back the tears as I think of what happened earlier.

Kate fiddles with the end of her jacket, "You hate me, don't you?" Her voice barely above a whisper.

I shake my head, "It's in the past."

"Ana, I wanted to tell you the truth but, you were so kind to me and I felt like it was my chance to start over. For us to have a better friendship."

I smile at her, "It was high school, Kate. I'm over it."

High school....

More memories of Christian and I come crashing back down on me and a sob escapes my mouth.

"Ana...what's wrong?"

"Christian..." I choke out through my falling tears.

"He was the guy you kissed at the party .." Kate sits next to me on my bed and places a hand on my knee.

"I know...he....he has a girlfriend. Oh, Kate. She's...she's pregnant." I cry harder.

Kate quickly wraps an arm around me and pulls me into her.

"Oh, Ana. Are you sure? Maybe she's lying." Kate says softly as she squeezes me tightly.

I shake my head and bury my face into her shoulder as I cry harder.

"Ana..."

"ANNNNNAAAAAAA!!!!!!"

Kate and I both jump as we hear my name being screamed outside the door.

"Is that...?"

"ANNNNNAAAAAAA!!!!!!" We hear Christian scream again.

"What room is she in, bro?" I hear Elliott call out.

"Fuck, I don't know!" Christian yells back.

I sit frozen, my heart beating wildly in my chest.

Kate and I stare at each other as Christian screams my name.

I want to respond but, my heart won't let me. I cover my mouth and sob softly as Kate wraps her arms back around me.

"Annnnnnaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!"

Sorry I've been away so long. I had writers block and started a new job. I apologize for taking so long to update. Thank you all for sticking around, I'll be updating again soon! I promise.

Love you all X's and O's times Fifty.