Chapter Seventeen

Silence.

We sat, in complete silence.

I took a peek over at Ana, she was still staring out the window, watching the campus cleaning crew sweep up the flyers.

My Mom sat near her, shaking her head and muttering to herself. My Dad paced the room, his face scrunched up. Elliot sat on the floor, nibbling on pizza and scrolling through his phone. And Taylor was stationed outside the door, keeping any unwanted visitors away.

"I just don't understand why she would go this far!" Mom hopped up, finally breaking the silence. "What does she want? Money? We can give her money!

"We aren't paying her off. She needs to pay for what she's done! Bringing that woman around our son!" My father shouted as he stopped pacing and ran his fingers through his now graying hair.

"I say we send Taylor to go all solider bodyguard on them." Elliot said with a mouth full of pizza.

"No, we ignore her. I don't care what people say about me." I say, as I stand up and make my way over to the pizza box Elliot was hogging.

"What?;" Mom cried out.

"Ignore her?!" Dad looked at me incredulously.

Soon, we began to agrue, yelling over one another.

"I say we give her what she wants." Though her voice was quiet, she was still heard.

Everyone froze as they turned to stare at Ana.

"What do you mean?" I questioned her, hoping she wasn't trying to break up with me again.

"Christian, she just wants you and a chance to raise her baby with both parents in the child's life. Why not give it to her?" Ana never turned to face us, she just kept staring out the window.

"No. I don't love her."

"I know you don't, Christian. You should, however , love your child."

"What if she isn't even pregnant?" Mom spoke up, folding her arms across her chest.

Ana shrugged, "There's only one way to find out."

With that, she stood and left the room.

I followed behind her, my heart racing.
"Ana...."

"Christian, I'm going to get to the bottom of this. It needs to end. She needs to be put behind bars, but if she is pregnant, you need to know so you can take care of your kid." Ana cut me off, as she swung around to look at me.

"Don't go alone. "

"I have to. She won't confess anything if you or anyone else is around."

Before I could argue, she was gone.

________

"I didn't think you would be stupid enough to come outside on your own." Maria's voice came from behind me as I reached my dorm room.

I slowly turned to face her, my eyes automatically zooming in on her flat stomach.

"How far along are you?" I asked, my voice seemed distant.

"Wh-Why? Why does it matter to you?"
I finally looked into her eyes, "You aren't pregnant."

It was a fact. I could tell by the look on her eyes.

"I am pregnant!" She shouted, covering her stomach with her arms, as if protecting it from me.

"You just want his money. You don't love him."

"Neither do you! You abandoned him! He was broken, I fixed him!"

"No! You fucked him! Don't get it twisted! You were nothing more than a piece of ass!" I shouted. All my suppressed anger bubbling up to the surface.

To think, I finally remember Christian, and this bitch has done nothing but ruin our reunion.

"You bitch! You dirty bitch!" Maria screamed, causing other girls to come out of their dorm rooms.

I smirked at her until I saw him, a man from a faded memory coming up the stairwell.

"No....." I whispered as I started to back away.

"You'll regret not letting Christian go and what you just said...." Maria snarled and the man lurched forward and grabbed me.

The girls in the hallway tried to come help me, but the man was stronger, faster. I screamed at the top of my lungs as the Pimp from Christian's childhood carried me away.