Chapter Twenty

"He's in fucking Vegas, with that bitch!" Elliot shouts as he storms into my hospital room. His face is bright red and I can tell he's ready to snaps someone's neck.

"Who?" Christian's Mom asks as she looks up from her phone. Everyone had been trying to call Christian to let him know I'm awake.

"Your dumbass son, Christian! He's out there with that bitch, sorry Maria. He's gonna fucking marry her!!!! Taylor just called me and told me he tracked him down."

I feel my heart shatter and tears fill my eyes, the room is silent until a sob escapes from my mouth.

Everyone turns to look at me as the tears roll down my cheek and spill ontp my chest.

"He....he can't....no. Noo, noooo." I cry out and all the machines around me start to go crazy. My ribs ache as I cry uncontrollably.

"Ana, fuck, I'm so sorry. Don't cry, Taylor isn't going to let him do it. He already tracked Christian down and he's gonna bring him back. Even if he has to beat him up and toss him on the trunk." Elliot tries to soothe me as he sits down and rubs my back.

"Why?! Why would he want to even marry her?!" I cry even harder as the thought of him spending the rest of his life with that bitch crosses my mind.

"He's punishing himself, for what happened to you. But don't worry, Taylor will bring Christian back, and make sure she goes to jail."

_____________

"Tayyyylor, let me go. I gotta marry her. Don't deserve Annnnnaaaa." Christian slurs as I buckle his seatbelt and close the door.

I quickly shot a text to Elliot to let him know I have Christian and that Maria bolted before I could catch her.

I sigh as I climb into the driver seat and head to the airport with a snoring Christian in the backseat.

Man, do I miss the Army sometimes.....

_____________

He looks horrible, like, really bad.

Christian stands at the foot of my bed, the stench of cheap liquor radiating from his clothes. His eyes are bloodshot red with bags underneath them. He refuses to look me in the eyes. Instead, he stares at the covers keeping my feet warm.

"You were going to marry her?" I ask softly, unable to take my eyes off of him.

All I get in response is a shrug.

"This, me being in this hospital, isn't your fault Christian. The blame is on Maria, Elena, and that fucked up man. Not you." I want to scream at him, but I keep my  voice low, calm.

"And if you didn't know me, or remember me, would you be here? Would they have taken you and hurt you? Nearly killed you? NO! This is my fault and we both know it." Christian turns and heads for the door and I'm afraid to let him out of my site.

With what little energy I have, I pull myself out the bed. All the machines around me start to beep like crazy, which makes Christian turn around.

"Ana, what the hell are you doing? Lay back down!" he rushes to my side and picks me up, cradling me in his arms.

I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him on the lips as hard as I can as tears roll down my cheek.

"Don't leave me, Christian, I love you. This isn't my fault. I love you. Don't leave me." I start to sob, but I keep kissing him and hold on to him as tightly as I can.

I feel Christian's arms tighten around me.

"Oh, Ana...." Is all he says before he lays me back down on the bed and climbs on top of me. His lips crash down onto mine and we kiss deeply, passionately. Like we've never been apart. We kiss away the hurt, the pain.

"I love you too..."he whispers in my ear.
"Ummm, excuse me....."

We both look up to see a blushing cop standing in the doorway.

I blush too as Christian sits up and puts some space between us.

"Yes?" Christian asks as he fixes his shirt.

"We've caught Elena."