Chapter 1: July 1972- Meeting Joan Marie Larkin

California, Sunday, July 1972 (  Inside Tammy's house, Tammy and her mom were just having an argument. Now Tammy wants to leave and go to the beach for a few hours to think.)

Tammy's Mom: TAMMY! YOU GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW YOUNG LADY!!!

Tammy: I had enough of fighting, mom. I need some space and time so I can think.

Tammy's Mom: TAMMY-

*Tammy storms out of the house*

"Damn,she's nuts. I hate my life! She seriously needs help!" Maybe I need help to. After all.. Well. I don't know. My brother bullies me all the time,, alot of my friends don't like me anymore because my personality has changed alot. Mom and Dad are so confusing. They yell at me alot. I don't know what for. I feel like they both have some mental illness or something. Oh they probably do. I need a friend. Someone who get's me. Someone who is really hot. I don't know. I just hope that I'm not that lonely anymore.

An hour later, I'm walking on the beach during sunset. Looking at the amazing view, I say to myself "Beautiful"  and *Bang* I just hit something and fell on the sand. "What the hell, man!?!" A philly accent voice yelled. I looked up and I saw a tomb-boy looking girl with short black hair, green T-shirt and jeans. She certainly didn't look like she was from around here. "I'm so sorry." I said. "I wasn't  paying attention." "You think?" The girl replied.

"Please don't get angry" I said. "I just had an argument with my stupid family who takes everything out on me for no reason. I needed to get out of that scary place-" She smiled "Hi, I'm Joan" She said "I'm really sorry about your family. I didn't mean to get angry. I'm new here. I just moved here yesterday. I don't really know my way around town that much, yet. So I shouldn't really be upset at you." What's your name?" 

"Oh it's okay. Hi Joan. My name is Tammy. That's awesome that you just moved here. I think you will really like it here in California. Where did you move from, anyway?" I replied. "I was born in Pennsylvania and lived in Rockville, Maryland for a few years. Now I'm right here in California" Joan said. "How old are you?" She asked "That's really cool. Oh I'm 13. You?" I answered. "Same" She replied. Woah she is really cool. And kinda hot. I thought. Joan and I walked and talked for a few hours after that little accident. 

I showed her around town, since she was new around here. We learned alot about eachother. We have a lot in common. And we boh live in the same neighborhood. I knew that I had just made a new friend. She understood me alot and I understood her alot. That is what I had hoped for. And it happened pretty fast. "I'll see you tomorrow then?" Joan asked. Woah! She just asked if we could hang out tomorrow. No way. "Uhh, yea. Sure" She smiled. "Great. Thanks for showing me around, Tammy. It was great meeting you. See you later." She huged me. A shived went down my spine. 

For sure, I had met a new good friend of mine. And her name is Joan Marie Larkin :)