Chapter 13: Cherie is gone?

I have been living on the streets for a few months since The Runaways had their concert in Japan. I haven't heard from Joan since I last saw her. I also saw a Japanese magazine that had lots of sexy pictures of Cherie. "You know what? Joan is better off with her." I told myself.

I haven't seen Jack or aunt Maggie since I left too. I've been living on the streets with the friends that Joan and I had made a during the past couple years. It was the only place where I couldn't think about my situation with Joan.  I also wasn't safe whenever Jack would get home drunk and stoned. And aunt Maggie?? Well, she didn't really care for me that much. So that's why I left.

And if you are worried about the people I live with on the streets. Don't worry. They are very good friends of mine. They care about me alot and they are very protective. I am safe.

...........

Another few months have gone by. A good friend of mine and Joan named Kenny came up to me, gave me a hug and kissed me on the cheeck. I have a little crush on him, by the way. "Hey Tammy." He said.   Kenny held my hand and gave me a magazine. "Here." He said and walked away. I looked at the cover of the magazine. "CHERIE CURRIE HAS QUIT THE RUNAWAYS!!!" My mouth droped. I opend the magazine to the page that had the article that explained why Cherie had quit.

........Drug and alcohol addictions......... Family troubles...... Couldn't handle all the pressure ect. 

Tears went down my face. I do care about Cherie alot even though I was jelous. She'd always be a good friend to me whenever I saw her. We bonded alot too. I was so upset. "SHIT" I yelled. Everyone around me stoped whatever they were doing. Kenny could tell that I read everything. He came up to give me a hug but I pushed him off and threw the magazine. I ran away from everyone so I could be alone and think.

...............

I was walking along the beach for a few hours. It was now sunset. I saw Jack walking up to me. "Tammy!" He exclaimed. I ran up to him and gave him a big hug. "I heared that Cherie quit." He said. I sarted crying. Jack held me tighter. "Shhh." He said. "It's going to be okay."  He said. I could tell that something about him changed because for sure, he never huged me and said that it's going to be okay.

He let go of me and wiped away my tears. Yup!.. Something about him has changed and it seemed like a good change. Jack smiled. "I gave up the drugs and alcohol." He said. My eyes went big. I half believed him but half of me didn't. "Oh really?" I asked him to make sure that he was telling the truth. 

"Honestly." Jack responded. "What made you stop?" I asked him. Jack looked down then looked up and smiled. "You." I was so speechless. A tear went down my eye. "What do you mean??" I asked. "You've went through a lot." Jack said. "Drugs and alcohol has affected me alot for the past few years. I started taking them when we started living with aunt Maggie. I was also a bit of a jerk to you before then also. It's about time that I sart taking some responsibility as your older brother."

I got really emotional. "Better off late then never "I said. Jack gave me another hug and we both cried. "You know Tammy, you're always welcome back home whenever you like." "Thank you Jack. Yeah I'll comme home with you tonight. Can you come with me so I can tell my friends that I'm going home now?" Jack smiled." I'd love too."

Jack and I walked back to where I would sleep at night with my friends. I found Kenny. He and I both smiled and huged eachother. "How are you doing?" Kenny asked. "Much better." I replied. "Hey, Kenny. I'm going back home with Jack tonight. Thank you for everything." Kenny smiled and kissed me on the lips. We made out for a bit. In the meantime, Jack was talking to some of my friends. 

Kenny and I both had crushes on eachother for a few years. So tonight was a good time to makeout. We stopped because Kenny forgot that he needed to tell me something and he just remembered right now. "Joan came by while you were gone." He said. "And.?" I asked Kenny responded... "Well..."

.......JOAN'S POINT OF VIEW........

The magazine with the cover of Cherie quiting The Runaways was out. I cried so much. I last saw her a week ago and there was a hudge band fight. Especially with Lita Ford, Me Cherie and Kim Fowley. After Cherie left the studio, I fucking lost my mind. Well now that the magazine was out... I needed to talk to someone who was not in The Runaways. "TAMMY" I went over to her placd but nobody was home. So I decided to look for Tammy at our usual hangout spot.

I found Kenny (A very good friend of Tammy and mine.) and some other friends. "Kenny!" I yelled out. He smiled and I ran up to him and kissed him. "Is Tammy here?" I asked "She stormed away." He answered. "What happened to her?" "Oh, I gave Tammy the article about Cherie quitting." "How did she handle it?" Kenny pointed to the magazine that was on the ground. That ment that Tammy threw the magazine after she read it...

.....

Kenny and I were talking for a few hours. I seriously didn't know what to do now that Cherie left. "Should we continue or break up?" I asked. "What do you want to do Joan?" "I would like to continue. So does Lita, Sandy and Jackie." "Do any of them want to take the lead vocals?" Kenny asked. "No." I responded. "So then.. You should take the lead." Kenny said to me. I thought about that for a bit. "I have to go, Kenny. I'll see you later" I ran all the way home and started to write some songs.

......Back to Tammy's point of view of the story......

"So that's what happened when she came?" I asked Kenny. "That's exactly what happened when Joan came." He answered.