Chapter 18: April 1979- OH NO!!!!

Cherie is now done with her drug addictions. And is now sobber. Finally!!! I'm so glad I made her get help. She's out of rehab and is now filming "FOXES".  The movie will be out next year. And, she said that I can go with her to the special movie premier or whatever it's called, the night it is released.  I'm so excited!!!

......

Lately people have been telling me the usual crap about The Runaways. As usual, I ignore them. But for the past couple days they said that the girls are no good anymore and that they are going to breakup soon. I always say "Fuck You! That's just a bunch of bullshit! The Runaways will be together forever. Even if Cherie is there or not!" And they say... "Yeah well Joan Jett is disgusting! No one likes her! The Runaways were much better with Cherie" Some people say that The Runaways are better without Cherie. 

Well you know what??? The Runaways will always be amazing. They were great with Cherie. And they still are, without Cherie!! And maybe Cherie will be back in the group after "FOXES" comes out. You never know. I hope she does though. :D

Jack and I call eachother once and a while, to see how we are doing. He tells me about university and I well......  I'm 19 years old now.. I was suppose to graduate last year but I wanted to stay an extra year for better marks. Jack was suppose to go to University a few years ago but remember that he use to be fucked up. And now that he is better. He started university like last year.

So. This is my last year of High School. I actually do not know if I want to go to University or not, at all. If I do go to University.... Then which one do I go to??? I have so many options. But having to many options gives a a difficult choice to make. But you know, I might not go to University. I might just make music.. Just like Joan is right now. And I really hope that The Runaways dont break up. I believe in them so much. And so does Cherie. Oh Yeah... Speaking of Cherie. She said that she's going to take a short break from filming, soon and she invited me to go to a concert. Actually, 2 concerts

At first I thought it would have been a Suzi Quatro concert. But then I remembered that she already met her. So did I, actually. I was with all of the girls when they met Suzi Quatro. It was the best days of our lives. Then I guessed David Bowie... I was absolutely right. "Oh my god, Cherie. DAVID BOWIE???? SHIT! ARE YOU SERIOUS??? NO WAY!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR INVITING ME CHERIE!!!" "Haha. I KNOW RIGHT??? I CAN'T BELIEVE WE ARE GOING TO SEE DAVID BOWIE!!! Anytime, Tammy. Anytime!" 

Yeah, Cherie and I absolutley love David Bowie. And to see him live is also the best days of our lives. OOh I need to say something. I think Cherie and I are an item. I don't know for sure but since that night (When we had sex), we've been hanging out so much. And since she left Rehab a few weeks ago, we've been making out a few times. Well you know what, this time it's just for fun. It's not as serious as Joan and I were. Or how serious Joan and Cherie were. It's just for fun. 

I'm also alllowed to visit Cherie while onset, filming "FOXES", a few times. And In a few weeks from now, Cherie and I will be going to the second concert. And of course, we will be seeing The Runaways, live. An hopefully we will go and see the girls backstage, after the performance to say hello.

It will be really great to see Joan again, anyways. I haven't seen her in 2 years and I seriously miss her, Lita and Sandy!!

.......

Cherie and I just finished getting ready for the concert. Then we started making out a few times... We arrived at the concert.... "You excited?" Cherie aksed. "Hell Yeah!" I responded. Cherie and I laughed a bit. We were so excited.... The concert was now starting. "HOLY SHIT, LOOK THERE HE IS!" We both yelled at the same time "OH MY GOD, HE IS SO GORGEOUS!!" We both yelled again.

......

When the concert ended, Cherie and I both had tears in our eyes. I mean David Bowie is gorgeous for crying out loud. And his voice. Oh my god, his voice. Cherie grabed my arm and said "Come on!" "Wait Cherie, where are we going?" "You'll see" she answered. "Oh my god, Cherie. We're not going backstage are we? We can't do that!" "Says who?" Cherie asked. "I'm famous remember?" We both laughed. We went backstage and we met a god of Rock N' Roll. Yes we met David Bowie. And we talked with him for an hour. He said really nice things about Cherie and The Runaways. He commented on a few songs by The Runaways. Cherie said that I helped write a few songs. Which is true. I did.... Meeting Suzi Quatro and David Bowie were the 2 best nights of my life!

......

A few weeks past by. Once and a while, I would visit Cherie on the set of "FOXES" and OH MY GOD I MET JODIE FOSTER. She is such an amazing actress. I love her so much and I can't belive I met her. And she is such a nice person if you ever get to know her. Anyways... Tonight, Cherie and I are going to see The Runaways in concert. I asked her if it would be akward to see them live because she use to be in the group. Cherie said no. So we were both happy to go.... 

Cherie and I just finished getting ready. I told her that I would meet her outside the house while she gets a few things from my room. I went outside and I saw a few people from my school outside my door. It looks like they were waiting for me to come out so the could be jackasses! I opened the door and walked down the steps. "Where are you going?" They asked.

"I'm going to see The Runaways, tonight?" I answered. "Eww. Why are you going to see them live?" "Because I can and I want to! Do you have a problem with that?" "Yes, we do. The Runaways are disgusting. You know they are going to break up. Their music is so bad. And girls shouldn't be so tough. So why are you going to see them?" "Like I said earlier, I can and I want to. And I am very good friends with the girls. And infact I'm going to see them tonight with Cherie Currie." "You're such a liar, Tammy." I laughed. "You wanna bet?" Right after I said that, Cherie opened the door and walked outside. Everyone infront of us droped their mouths. "Oh what the fuck!" they screamed. Cherie flipped her middle finger and told them to beat it. She grabbed my hand and we started walking towards them. "HOLY SHIT, MAN! TAMMY AND CHERIE CURRIE ARE GOING TO BEAT US UP!!!" They ran away. Cherie and I laughed so hard after that. "SO NEVER COME NEAR TAMMY AGAIN! YOU GOT THAT!??

.....

We arrived at the concert. Cherie looked like she was really uncomfortable "Cherie, are you okay?" "Yeah I'm fine thanks" Cherie answered. I could tell that it was a lie. "Cherie, what's wrong?" I asked. "Nothing. Don't worry. I'm doing great." Cherie responded. The concert started. On walked Joan Jett, Lita Ford, Sandy West and their other bassist. Sorry. It's just that they've had so many girls on bass that I can't keep track on who is who. Anyways. It was a sick concert. I had so much fun. 

...

The concert endend. Cherie said that she was getting really tired and she has an early day tomorrow. So she had to go home. I however, wanted to see Joan face to face again. So I snuck backstage to see her... "JOAN!" I called out. Joan sarted looking around. Then she turned and saw me. She had such a big smile on her face. Man, I missed that smile. "TAMMY!!" Joan ran up to me and gave me such a big hug. She had a tear in her eye. So did I. She kissed me on the lips. And played with my hair. "How are you?" She asked. "Amazing. I'm doing really great. Even better, now that I'm infront of you again." Joan giggled. "I'm glad." "So how are you Joan?" I asked "Amazing. Nothing could ever ruin this night, I swear!" Joan was about to tell me something but then Lita's voice cut her off "HEY JOAN. WE NEED YOU TO COME INSIDE, RIGHT NOW. IT'S IMPORTANT. Oh Hi Tammy." "So yeah, I gotta go Tammy, but I'll call you tomorrow!" She kissed me again, gave me a hug and walked in a room.

.....

The next morning, I woke up by noon, checked the phone for messages to see if Joan called. There were no phone calls at all. Not even a message. "Really, Joan?" I poured myself some cereal and went outside to pick up the newspaper so I could read it while I eat my breakfast. I opened the door and walked down the steps. I picked up the news paper. Then a tear went down my eye. You wouldn't believe what was on the front page of the news paper. They were right. Those Jackassess were right. I had more tears in my eyes.  I can't believe it. The Runaways..... They... They Broke Up.. But that's not possible I just saw them live, last night. Maybe that's why Lita yelled at Joan like that, last night. They Broke up last night. And Joan said that nothing could ruin the night..... "SHIT! JOAN!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!" Last night could have torn her apart. I droped the news paper and ran into town. I needed to meet up with a few friends to know if they have at least heard from Joan or something. I didn't expect that she would be there already.