Chapter 12: Live in Japan, It's The Queens Of Noise!

...1977...

It was a year later. The Runaways were back from Europe. And everything went well. The Runaways are now fucking FAMOUS!!!!! I was suppose to meet Joan at the place where The Runaways would write songs and rehearse.

Eveyone was so happy to see me. Even Cherie. But Joan was acting a bit strange. I seriously couldn't tell what mood she was in. Which is unusual. "Is everything alright, Joan?" I asked her. It seemed like She didn't hear me. "Joan!" "Huh? Oh Yeah I'm fine" She answered.

Cherie handed me a cigarette. We both smoked one. Lita was playing her guitar, and Sandy was drinking some beer and gave me a bottle. Everyone was drinking, smoking and writting songs. I did too. I did something that I wanted to do for a while. Writting songs with The Runaways. Especially Joan. And I finally was doing it!...... It was starting to get late. I didn't want to go home because of my stupid brother. So Joan said that I could stay with her for a few days. 

We were about to leave and Cherie kissed me on the cheek and smiled. "It's very nice to see you again, Tammy. Thank you for coming." I smiled. It seems like that Cherie and I have become friends. I was pretty happy about that. Even though I'm a bit jelous about Joan and Cherie, I still like Cherie. She is a very good person.

.......

I was living with Joan for the Summer Vacation. I really did not want to put up with Jack... Joan and I would make out a lot. A few nights we would have sex. But she was quiet most of the time that I had spent time with her for the summer. One morning, Joan (In bed naked beside me) was on the phone talking to someone. I coudln't tell if it was Cherie, Sandy, Lita, Jackie or Kim Fowley.

I woke up when Joan hung up the phone. Joan kissed me and held me. "Hey Tammy, guess what?" She asked. " I sat up to face Joan. "What's up?" I asked. "We are going to Japan!" She yelled, "Dude, no way!!!!" I yelled back to her. She kissed me again. "This time you have to come with us, man." She said. "No joke." "Yeah, I'm coming!" I replied "Shit, I'm so fucking excited!" Joan yelled. 

The thing is. Does she love me or Cherie or both?? I seriously couldn't tell. In pictures or live performances, you could tell that Joan and Cherie were at least doing something together but no one knew for sure. Especialy me.... We were packing our bags, and making out almost everynight.

.............

The night before the flight to Japan, Joan looked very sad and had a few tears in her eyes. "What's wrong Joan?" I asked. "Tammy, I need to tell you something." She said. Joan took me to her room, sat me down on her bed and kissed me. There were a few more tears in her eyes. "Tammy, I love you." She said. I had a tear in my eye. I never thought that she would ever say that. I think I love Joan. But if she loves me, Then what is the deal with her and Cherie?

Somethubg wierd came across my head. I had a wierd feeling inside of me. I knew that I was about to do something stupid. "What about Cherie?" I asked. Joan's eyes went big. "What do you mean?" She asked. "I thought that you loved Cherie." I answered. "Tammy, I wouldn't have made out with you this much if I loved Cherie instead of you." She said. "I know you love her." I said. "Why would you have said that you love me when you actually love Cherie? I mean, she's hot, man! Do you love me or Cherie?" I asked

There was some silence for about a minute. Joan had another tear in her eye. "Yeah, Cherie's hot but-."  I got annoyed and cutted her off. "Me or Cherie, Joan?" I asked her in an unfriendly tone. There was another moment of silence. "I love you both!" She said. I got angry. "You too didn't fuck eachother did you?" I asked. Joan opened her mouth. "DID YOU JOAN!!??" I yelled. "Well... I fucked her a few times." She said.

I started crying up a storm. "JUST WHAT I THOUGHT!" I yelled. "Do you love me, Tammy?" Joan asked. I didn't answer her. I smacked her instead! "I can't go to Japan, Joan." Joan looked pissed.  "Oh fuck you, man!" She yelled and then smacked me back with lots of tears in her eyes. "I think I do." I said. "Love me?" Joan asked. I started to cry more. "YES!" I yelled. "I've loved you for a long time!" Joan lookked really pissed.

"FUCK YOU JOAN!!!!" I yelled. "FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! I HATE YOU!!!!" Joan coverd my mouth and smacked me again. "Bitch!" She yelled.... That night we were taking turns beating eachother up and having sex at the same time. It was really strange

.............

I woke up the next day and Joan was gone. A few days passed. The Runaways had a concert in Japan. It was going to be broadcast live on TV. I turned the TV on and watched the concert. I was crying most of the time. The concert started with the first song on their new album. It was called "Queens Of Noise.".... After the concert, Jack sat beside me and saw that I was crying.

He gave me a hug and kissed me on my forehead. "I told you that Joan is no good." He said. I pushed him off the couch, and ran out of the house. I've been living on the streets since.