Chapter 8: Party at California Paradise!

For a while now, Joan and her band had been writting songs, learning them and playing them. Of course Joan kept talking about Cherie. I really wanted to see this girl that Joan was obsessing about. The more that Joan spent time with Cherie, the less she cared about me. Whenever I told Joan great news about myself, when I needed to talk when I wasn't doing well and when I mentioned that I wanted to be in the band or be a roadie and write songs with the girls, Joan would ignore me.

"When do I get to meet her, Joan?" I asked. "Oh, uhh, soon." Yeah and that's what she has told me everytime I asked her. "Joan, can you tell me more about the music?" "Oh yea. Kim thinks that we're not tough and sexy enough and that we're too girly.. He keeps giving us lessons to teach us to be tough and sexy. It's kind of anoying but it does help a bit. The songs we have are great. I can't wait for our first gig." 

"Yeah when is that?" I asked. "I'm not sure yet. I think that we're going to find that out in a few days. I'll let you know when and where when we find out." Joan answered....... A few days passed. I decided to go to Pup N' Fries, one day. I found Joan there with her younger brother. "Hey Joan" I called out. Joan looked around and saw me waving to her. She smiled and ran up to me. "Our first gig is on Saturday. It's going to be at a party at someone's house in Malibu." I interupted Joan. "Jeez" I said. "Yeah, I know." Joan responded. " The party starts at 3 in the afternoon. But you should come around 2:30." She said.

"2:30. Sounds great Joan." I said. "I'll see you then.....

................

I got there by 2:30. Just like Joan said. I found Sandy wearing a T-shirt that said the Band's name and her name too.. She gave me a hug. "Tammy, I can't believe you're here. Thank you so much!" She said. "No problem.Anything for you girls." I said back to her. Lita and Jackie wearing the same t-shirts but the with their names on it, came up to me and said hi. Joan came up to me with her guitar. She kissed me on the cheeck.

"Hey Tammy. Thank you so much for comming. It really means a lot." I was about to say oh no problem and stuff like that, when Joan cut me off and introduced me to Cherie. "So this is Cherie." A girl with short blonde hair and blue eyes walked up to me wearing a t-shirt that Said "The Runaways- Cherie Currie" (The Runaways is the name of the band, by the way.) She smiled. "Hi. It's nice to meet you, Tammy." She said.

'Woah' I thought. She is really hot. No wonder Joan can't stop thinking about her. Damn it......... A half  hour passed. The party was about to start. I saw the girls go onstage. Lot's of people came in the house for the party. There were so many people. I went to the back of the crowd. The girls were about to start playing.

But then I could of sworn that Cherie was right beside me except her hair was longer and she was wearing a different outfit. Even though she was on stage. I relized that this is Cherie's twin sister Marie who was standing right beside me. She smiled. "Hi I'm Marie."" Hi Marie." I replied in a friendly tone. "I'm Tammy. It's nice to meet you."

.....

The party was going on for a while. The girls kept performing. The songs were great. And Joan was right. Holy shit Cherie's voice is amazing. That was when I relized how I really felt about Joan and Cherie. I'm jelous. I'm so damn jelous. I don't know why. Cherie is such a nice person. But she's a lot like me except she's better looking.

They finished playing a song and started another one. It was Called "California Paradise." during the party, people got so drunk and threw things at the girls. Joan looked up and saw me. She smiled and I smiled back. I was thinking that this band was going to be the best fucking first all girl rock band ever!

But I need to firgure out how I'm going to stop getting jelous about Joan and Cherie.. After a while, we heard cop sirens going off. "Oh shit, the cops?" Joan yelled. Everyone at the party ran out of the house. We all ran down the street so we could get away from the cops. After a while of running, Joan caught up to me and told me some really great news. "We're going on a tour in Europe!" "Holy Shit Joan! That's amazing." I yelled. "Yeah but first we have to do a tour around the country. I asked Kim if you could come with us, but he said that it just has to be us girls. 

Okay. So maybe the whole thing with Joan and Cherie wasn't as bad as I thought. Maybe I just over reacted to something I just wasn't use to yet. I hope that The Runaways do great!