Chapter 6: In need of a Hot Blonde!

It was the band's very first jam. I was there with Joan playing rythym guitar, Sandy West playing drums and Kim... Well he was just there. Sandy is really cool. He hair is dirty blonde. And she has brown eyes. She is so nice. And she is a very good drummer. Almost as good as Roger Taylor (Drummer for famous rock band called Queen) Turns out that Roger is Sandy's idol. Kim stop the band from playing after a while. He told everyone that the girls are going to be more popular than The Beatles. Which is a very big deal.

.......After The Jam..............

Joan and I were walking around town. "Dude,you guys sounded really good, so far." I said. "Hey, I think Kim is right. I bet you're going to be more fucking popular than The Beatles. Joan smiled. "Yeah man. But we're going to need more people in the band, first."....... And there were, eventually. They're really cool. I met the both of them already. Lita Ford playing lead guitar, and Jackie Fox on bass.

One day Joan told me that during band practice, Kim stoped everyone from playing and said that the band needs a hot blonde. I laughed. "Really?" "Yeah man." Joan answered. "We've been looking for one for weeks. But we haven't found one yet." "But there are so many blonds. I'm suprised you haven't found one yet." I told Joan. "Yeah, Kim and I are going to Rodney's tonight to look again." She said. "Alright, good luck with that." I said. "I'll call you tomorrow and tell you if we found someone or not. See you later, Tammy."

............

Joan called me up the next morning. "We found a hot blonde. She was dressed up like David Bowie. Her name is Cherie Currie. She's 15 years old and she can sing." 'Hot blonde dressed up like David Bowie...' I thought. The description of the girl reminded me of the girl we saw at Rodney's a few weeks ago. Joan continued. "She's jamming with us on Saturday. Then we're going to decide if we want her or not."

..........That Saturday...........

Joan's mom and dad split up a few days ago. I wasn't sure how she'd bee feeling today. Her dad is an alcoholic. So are my parents. And of course Jack is too. That's why Joan and I have bonded so well these past 3 years. Joan and I were going to meet eachother after the Jam. She was going to tell me everything that happened. I was at our usual hangout place by the time Joan said that she would meet me.

Joan wasn't there after a while. "Maybe band practice went a little longer, today."....... Hours past. The sun was down and I fell asleep. Later on I heard voices waking me up, saying "Tammy! Dude, wake up!" It was Joan. I yawned. "Hey Joan. What time is it?" "Oh it's uhh 2:30 in the morning.

Sorry I'm late." "Yeah, where the hell were you?" "Oh, I was hanging around Holywood." I was annoyed. "What the hell were you doing in Holywood, Joan?" "It's not that important." She said. "C'mon. I'll take you home." Joan did not say a word on the way home. I knew something was up.