Chapter 10: Success!

A few months went by. I remember when Joan called me a few months ago to tell me that The Runaways have been signed to Mercury Records..... "Mercury FUCKING Records!" She yelled. We both screamed in excitement.  "OH MY GOD, JOAN!!! NO WAY!!!!!" I said back to her.... And The Runaways have been doing great for the past few months since "Cherry Bomb" premiered. Not everyone took them seriously. They would joke around and be like" Aww GOD!" "COME ON"

A lot of girls at my school have been saying that they want to be just like The Runaways. Then they would sing some of The Runaways songs out loud. I would do the same. After a while of screaming lyrics to some of the songs by The Runaways, we'd all get in trouble and my aunt Maggie would get phone calls about me in the evenings. 

"Haha, Tammy's in trouble!" Jack teased me. "Shut Up Jack!" I screamed back to him. My aunt Maggie wouldn't really do anything about me singing songs by The Runaways. You see a lot of people are againts females who play rock and roll. Just like Suzi Quatro and The Runaways. That's why we would get in trouble singing any Suzi Quatro/ The Runaways songs. So I really don't understand why aunt Maggie would not do anything about it, when she would get phone calls.

Jack, however would make fun of me..... I would always watch/ listen to The Runaways whenever they're on TV or the Radio. Interview or music. Most of the guys.. And a few girls would always come to me and my friends and say "Why are you listening to The Runaways? They're not good people. They play Rock N' Roll. Which is not good!"

I would always yell back at them "Fuck off, man! The majority of the school LOVES The Runaways. So why don't you? Also, I know Joan Jett very well, thank you very much!" "Sure.." They would reply sarcastictly.... Joan hadn't really called me that much since she said that she and the girls have been signed. But I knew that she was working hard, and was very busy. Which is good because she loves music, being a musiscian and she deserves it!