Chapter 9: The Runaways

And so... Joan Jett was off with Sandy West, Jackie Fox, Lita Ford and of course... Cherie Currie. A wonderful hot blonde with an amazing voice. They are called "The Runaways" THE VERY FIRST ALL GIRL ROCK BAND IN HISTORY.  They had a few gigs in the United States which I heard from Joan on the phone, it went really well. Then their very first music video was out. It was called "Cherry Bomb"

I couldn't wait to see the music video on TV. I knew that it was about to premier today. "OH MY GOD, THE SHOW IS ABOUT TO START!!!" I Yelled. "Yeah right Tammy. Like Joan is in an 'All Girl Rock Band' and they have a music video on tv. Like THAT'S EVER GOING TO HAPPEN. SURE TAMMY!!" My stupid and selfish older brother, Jack yelled back. He sat beside me on the couch and smiled. "Can't wait to prove to you that it's not gonna happen."

I smiled back. " I can't wait to prove to you that "The Runaways" do exist and that Joan Jett is in the band playing electric guitar!" I happily responded to him. Jack laughed.. "And now, we have a brand new music video about to premier right now. They are an all girl rock band from California named "The Runaways" and this is their very first single called "Cherry Bomb" "Here it is" The girl on the TV announced. "Aha!" I screamed in Jack's face.

The music video started with a short electric guitar intro and Cherie's foot tapping on the ground. Then the camera rose up to face A hot short blonde hair girl with blue eyes and A BLACK AND WHITE CORSET???? Cherie started singing "Can't stay at home, can't stay in School. Old folks say, you poor little fool. Down the streets, I'm the girl next door. I'M THE FOX YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!! Hello daddy, hello mom, I'm your Ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch CHERRY BOMB!!! Hello world, I'm your Wild Girl. I'm your Ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch CHERRY BOMB!!!" The song continued playing...

Jack's mouth drop. And so did mine. My mouth droped not because of the song. I already knew the song. It's just that I had no idea that Cherie would be wearing a corset. Fuck. Joan is really going to fall inlove with her. Jack's mouth droped because I was right about Joan and The Runaways.

....After The Music Video....

"What... The... Fuck?" Hot blonde... Wearing Corset... 3 hot girls.. Playing Electric Guitar... One of them is Joan? Female drummer? Oh my god, oh my god oh my god. OH MY GOD!! WHAT THE HELL!!!!? THEIR NAME IS ACTUALLY THE RUNAWAYS???????? OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!" Jack left the room during his reaction to the video. I laughed so hard.

"TOLD YOU THEY ARE REAL!!!!!" I yelled to Jack.