Dr. Richard Mos

I took a closer look at Dr. Thorne now that I knew he was the one that operated on my head. He seemed to be a man in his late forties with blue eyes. He wore glasses with metal rims and had sandy brown hair. His suit was a dark grey, and he wore a blue tie.

The room was quiet and everyone was looking at either me or Dr. Thorne.

"How do you feel, Cole?", he asked.

"I was a little wobbly following the operation, but I actually feel pretty good. I don't understand why I am meeting my doctor in this secret place and why I never saw you during my recovery from the operation."

"Those are all good points, Cole, and you will understand all of that after you hear what we have to say. You are going to find that you are very special and very important to all of us."

Dr. Thorne smiled at me again.

"Would you like to see where we performed the operation on you? We can give you a little tour."

"Okay, I guess."

"The operation wasn't done in this room. It was in the room next door," said Thorne. "Come on over here and I will show you. Bye the way, the gentleman and the two women here were part of the surgical team that did the operation. This is Doctor Stephen Brady who was your anesthesiologist, and the first lady here, with the green dress, is Doctor Sally Richardson, who handled your vitals, and the second lady is Dr. Candace Greene who was in charge of the nursing team."

I got up from my chair and walked over to them and smiled at them all. I did not know what else to do and did not want to be rude, but I still did not know what this was all about. Dr. Thorne got up from his chair and came around the table and shook my hand and gave me a hug.

"We are really pleased at the results of this operation. You are an impressive young man", he said.

Dr. Thorne led me to a door at the back of the room and the others from the table followed me. We entered a short hallway and walked one door down and then he opened the door and held it for us, gesturing for us to enter.

When I entered the room I saw a lot of fancy equipment and two separate operating gurneys, side by side under separate lights. On the walls were connections for power, gasses and fluids that went to various equipment modules that had screens on them. There were a number of bottles and cabinets around the room as well as buckets and various instruments on tables.

"Cole, we performed the operation on you right here on this table", said Dr. Thorne, pointing to the table on the left.

"My parents told me that I was operated on to repair a head injury from a climbing accident. I still have not regained all my memory, though. I don't know what I was doing prior to the accident."

Dr. Thorne looked at my parents and smiled.

"Cole, we will explain all this to you today. I hope you will find it very interesting if not amazing," said Dr. Thorne.

Dr. Thorne looked at me with pride. I did not know what to think. I guessed they did a good job to have made me feel as good as I did. I was quite healthy and really did feel great.

"Cole, lets go back into the other room. I want to introduce you to Dr. Richard Mos. He was the key to all of this," said Dr. Thorne.

We all returned to our seats and Dr. Thorne set up a projector and connected it to a laptop so he could give a presentation. Dr. Greene found a projection screen and set it up for him.

"Cole, everything that you see here is a direct result of the genius of Dr. Richard Mos. That guy is amazing and very successful. We are all in awe of what he was able to do and what he achieved. This little presentation will give you an idea."