Horror

After Gold left, the house was mostly quiet, but I occasionally heard Manda crying upstairs. I was not sure she knew I was in the house. She might have been drugged up earlier and she was not calling my name. I decided I would not let her know I was there because I did not want to get her hopes up. My situation looked pretty bad.

I continued to twist my wrists that were wrapped with the 3/8" nylon. My sweat did allow my wrists to slide a bit but I could not pull my large hands through the place my wrists were tied. I noticed a couple of places where the knots had loosened a bit. I tried different angles and directions with my thumbs to try to get to the knots so I could start opening them up. My fingers were in pain from all the stretching and trying.

Another thought occurred to me. I knew nylon rope chafes easily even though it is strong compared to other kinds of rope. If I could find a rough surface to rub the knots against I might wear them down. I noticed an open electrical outlet box mounted on the wall. It had some hard edges to it. I worked my way over to it by shimmying on the floor. It was only a couple of feet away. I pressed my wrists with the rope on the edge of it and started rubbing, using a lot of strength to provide tare to it. I kept doing this while Rick was upstairs with Manda's naked body. I kept wondering what he was doing with it. Was he sucking on it, or sleeping with it. I did not understand that guy. He was so weird. I was seething with anger, but I directed my anger at the rubbing of the rope. I rubbed so hard I could feel that the friction was actually warming the rope a bit.

Suddenly Rick came downstairs. I did not look at him and I positioned myself so he could not notice what I was up to. I could sense that he looked at me, but because I did not engage his gaze he did not kick me. Instead, I heard him go outside to dig some more. I guessed that about 20 minutes had elapsed since Gold left.

Once Rick was outside I went right back to work, and I worked at it very hard. I probably was beginning to bend the electrical outlet case. To my delight, I noticed that even though I was wearing at the rope to break it, some of the knots were becoming more open because of all the shaking and back and forth motion. I momentarily stopped rubbing the rope and brought my thumbs down feeling the knots and was able to get my thumb inside one of them. I yanked and that one knot fell open.

Rick started swearing again outside, obviously unhappy with digging the hole. He then went back at it with the pick.

I began to think that I might have two chances to get out of this thing. The first chance would be if I could escape now while Gold was gone. The second chance would be if I could do it during the night while they both slept. I did not think there was enough time while Gold was gone, but I was going to keep trying. I went back to very hard rubbing of the rope on the box. I could feel the rope heating up again.

I kept working the rope for the next thirty five minutes and managed to open up another knot. I did not know how many knots there were, but at least something was happening and the other knots seemed to be getting looser. I tried pulling my hand through again by twisting and noticed that I was beginning to almost pull it through. Maybe I was a lot closer to doing this than I thought.

Suddenly there was the sound of a car and a noise from the garage outside. Rick started talking so I knew Gold was back. A fear shot through my body that they might discover what I was doing and all hope would be lost. I decided to position my body to try to cover the knots as best as possible so they could not see. I heard Gold start to talk to Rick.

"Ah-haaa!, Rick, I see your making progress but your still only about a foot and a half deep - Your not even half way yet. What have you been doing - playing with Amanda's body when you should have been digging?"

"Amanda is on a drug trip right now. I played with her body a little - I love her beautiful skin and curves, but I mostly washed her and dried her off. I wanted to clean her up a bit."