Party Again

Over the next week and a half I continued to help Manda get from class to class. Eventually the nurse did give me a special pass so I would not get detention being slightly late to some of my classes. Mandy's legs got stronger, and I was relieved to see that. I thought there was a good chance she would recover because she always had a tingling sensation so there was at least some kind of nerve signaling going on. As we moved into the second week of her recovery she was down to just one crutch and she was only partially using that one. She threatened to hit me with it a few times so I knew she really was feeling better.

School was going well for both of us too. Biology class was becoming more and more basic for me and I found myself helping other students more often than not, almost like a teaching assistant in college. I had all these stories in my head about experiences I had had with different body parts in anatomy and physiology, and although I could not let on that I had already gone to college and medical school I would tell stories of some of my experiences and then just say I read about it on the internet. The other kids must have thought that I spent tons of time on the internet, but the truth was I was not really into the internet or electronic media that much. I went over Lenny's house once to play video games with him but I was a total dork at it. He could not believe how bad I was. The only games I really were good at were some of the arcade games, but I enjoyed watching him play his first person shooter and roll playing games. I thought they were cool. The artwork in the games were amazing.

Manda seemed to me to be getting prettier and prettier. I don't know why, but maybe it was because she was approaching 15 and she was becoming more and more like a woman. She was totally into me now and was always smiling and teasing me and giving me wonderful eye contact with her golden brown eyes. I just was hypnotized by her beautiful face surrounded by those dirty blonde cascades of locks and coils. She let her hair grow longer too over the past few months. I began to feel more and more like I did not want to be without her. We sat together on the bus, as usual, but then we would separate at the end of the day or to go to classes, and the whole time she was gone I was just thinking of her and when I could get back with her.

Finally the day arrived for Lance's party. The plan was to go home on the bus and then Stacey was going to pick both of us up from Manda's house. Stacey probably would be driving Lance's car and of course, being a senior she drove, while neither one of us had a license. I sat next to Manda on the bus on the way home. I had a gym bag with my clothes for Lance's party as I would just get off at Manda's bus stop, have a quick bite at Manda's house, and then Stacey would pick us up. Manda seemed nervous on the bus.

"Cole, I know you want to go to this party, but I am feeling shaky about it," she said sitting next to me.

I looked over at my girl and she was indeed trembling a little in the lips.

"Manda, you do look scared. I am sorry about that. You should be fine."

"The last time I was there someone tried to rape me," she said.

"Yeah, but remember I beat the crap out of him and everyone else that was involved and sent them to the hospital, and at the time I did not even really know you. Nobody will touch you. Just stay with me."

"Yeah, I suppose, but you know me, I would really just like to spend the evening with you. I am not really that much of a social person. Those kids get on my nerves, like Stacey for example."

"Manda, you know Stacey is going to pick us up from your house, right?"

"Yeah."

I looked at her beautiful face and my eyes roamed down her shirt to her silver neckless with charms from the sea her uncle gave her and then down to her beautiful legs in her jean short shorts. It was nice to see that her legs had not been disabled long enough to lose her beautiful muscle tone. I knew she was a fantastic dancer and hoped all of that would return.