Hypnotism

That Saturday evening, after our Adam and Eve date I asked dad if the neurosynth team had got back to him on my request to have Manda on the team.

"Dad, did you hear anything back about having Manda on the team?", I asked pretty directly.

Dad was a bit startled and looked at me briefly and then looked away. I could tell this was not a subject he really liked dealing with.

"No, Cole. In fact, to be honest I haven't asked the question yet," he said.

"What?!!!", I practically shouted. For the past few days this was all I had been dreaming about and hoping for an answer. "Dad, this is everything for me.  I need her on the team. Nothing else works for me."

"Hmmm, well...,  I was trying to figure out a good way to ask and had not found it yet. We are going to have another neurosynth team meeting Monday night. You are to be there too. Maybe we can ask then?  This will be an interesting meeting," he said.

"Then I will ask it myself at the meeting."

"Sure, go ahead, Cole. Your the one passionate about it. It would be best for you to ask, anyway."

"Okay, good," I said.

After a while thinking about Manda a new question popped into my mind."

"Why do you say this is going to be a good meeting?"

"They are going to try hypnotizing you to try to talk to Mos.  Thorne really wants to find the recipe for neurosyn and thinks he can talk either you or Mos into giving it to him. Jill told me about her idea to use hypnotism to reach Mos and the fact that Mos, himself, liked the idea by writing what he did on the mirror makes it something we should try."

"So what are they going to do?  What will they do to me?"

"Cole, we need to keep security so the hypnotist has not been told much. She will be at the S lab, but won't know anything about the lab and won't see the neurosynth team. She will be there with just you, me, and Jill. You will be put into a trance to bring out Mos. The hypnotist thinks Dr. Mos was a character in a play you were trying to write and we were working on the script. Once Mos appears through hypnosis, assuming he does, the hypnotist will be taken from the room and the neurosynth team will then meet up with you somehow. There will be more people there than the last time."

"There are more members of the team that I never met?"

"Yes, and hopefully by that point Mos will be there and the team can talk with him.  When that is done we will wake you from the trance."

"When do I get to ask my question about Manda?"

"I suggest you ask that at the end of the meeting. That way it is not a distraction, but also they will remember it better."

"Okay, I guess"

----------

When Monday arrived I reluctantly did my run and three rounds of sex with Jill. She could tell I wasn't into it. I just lay there passively on my back and let her do her thing bouncing up and down on my organ. I did not care.  Interestingly, Jill never blanked out, so the experience was not great for her either. This was the first time this happened.  I was thinking all morning of Manda and hoping really hard that she would be put on the team. I was not worried about the hypnotism.

When I sat with Manda on the bus I looked into her eyes and looked at her differently than usual, wondering how she would react to knowing what I was. At the same time I felt that once she knew what I was we could become a much closer couple, perhaps have a real partnership in life.  It just had to be allowed to happen; otherwise my life would fall apart.  Manda could sense something was up by the way I was looking at her, and she gave me a cute puzzled look.