Chapter 3 (Classified)

Kyle's Pov 

A​ gasp came from Carlee Parker. Felix, quickly grabbed my gun and shoved it in the pocket of his black sweatshirt. "Kyle! Show your manners!" He then, slapped me right across the face. Pain went through my cheek. "We will talk later." He said as he glared at me. I growled in disgust.

"Are you Carlee?" He asked. "Yeah?" She said surprised. "Cool." He said, then he pointed to himself. "I'm Felix." Then, his hand went straight to my chest. "And this is Kyle." She looked at me. Her eyes were a bright sky blue/turquoise color. She had pale white skin. Her hair was a  grayish/white color, it was in a loose ponytail.

Felix spoke friendly. "We heard from one of your friends on how amazing you are." He lied. "We got dared to go on a date with you."

Carlee's eyes widened in surprise. "Oh! Both of you?" Felix nodded. "Ye­­--" I interrupted, "Nope, just you and me." Felix winced in my direction. "Give us a moment." He then, grabbed my arm, and pulled me down the concrete stairs. With a whisper, he said, "No killing her."
I glared at him. "Okay" I said. He grabbed my red scarf awkwardly and pulled me closer. "I don't trust you."
I looked him straight in the eyes. "No killing, till we are rich, fine."

Felix, turned quickly and looked at Carlee. "He's right, just you and him." She looked at me. She seemed a little confused, but then, a smile popped on her face. "Okay. When?"
Felix looked at me, as if to figure out the timing of our date. I shrugged. "I'll give you an hour." I said. "Okay." She then, walked into the house and closed the door.
----------------------------------------------

The hour passes as I make reservations for our date and put on casual, dark red skinny jeans, a black jacket and a red bow tie. I then, dash out the door and got in my red sports car. The car had black leather seats I payed for. I got it from doing my revenge for the blondie boy.

I soon arrive at Carlee's house and see her through the front window of the house. She seems to be screaming at someone. Dad? Mom? Sister maybe?
My mind went blank as I heard the yells and screams inside the house. Then, the door bursts open. My head jerked quickly in her direction. Carlee was wearing a bright pink, ruffle, dress. The dress had a huge white bow around her waist. Her hair was down with a small braid on the side. She was wearing a small amount of makeup, surprisingly. Was it just me, or did my heart skip a beat?

I quickly snapped out of it. I got out of the car and open the passenger door for her. She quickly got inside without any words spoken. As soon as I got into the car behind the wheel, she forced a smile. "Ready?" She asked quietly. "Sure." I answered as I started the car.

At dinner, things were interesting. I watched Carlee as she slowly ate her food. Since this was a reservation, only me and her were in one room of the restaurant. After eating, Carlee was the first to break the silence.

"So, umm, why did you point a gun at my head earlier?"
I stared at her. My mouth opened slowly. "Classified." I answered.
"Who dared you this date?"
"Classified."
"What's your name again?"
"Classified."
She sounded frustrated from all my classified answers. "You know, if you're not going to say much, then why did you take me, instead of your friend?"
I looked at the table. "Classified." I said again. "Are you kidding?" She groaned, disappointed. I was curious about how much Carlee would know about Lori.

"Do you know a girl named Lori?" I asked. "Hmm." She sat there thinking. Then, she spoke. "Classified." She said with a teasing smile. I winced. "Your very clever."

Her pink, plump, lips curved turned into a smirk. "I have my ways. Look, I'll tell you if I know her, if you tell me at least, your name."
I almost gagged on how much I hated my name. "It's Kyle."
She looked satisfied. "I do know her, but we are no friends. She hates me." She said softly, but I could see how upset she was. "Why?" I asked. She looked at the table for awhile. Then, looked at me. "Classified." She said as if to annoy me now. I quickly thought of her questions she asked me earlier. I answered one. "I went on a date to get answers. Not Felix my....acquaintance."
Carlee answered my next question. "She hates me because I," she paused. " I­-I killed her boyfriend. Just, don't tell anyone."
"Hmmm." I replied, surprised on how easily she opened up to me.
"I'm a different person now, not a murderer."
"Oh." I nodded, listening.
"I hate seeing people suffer."
I began to think. "Hmmm, but why­­--" She interrupted. "Classified."

My jaw tightened. I was annoyed, and frustrated. I always get my answers, I always win. So, my mind raced through the questions that Carlee asked before. Then I answered another. "Felix, might have dared me." I lied.

"Fine." She said. "I did it for money and revenge. You see, I used to like him, till Lori asked him out." Her eyes were wet now. "She knew I loved him!" Some tears escaped from her eyes. Then, she calmed down. "So, I thought, if I can't have him, no one can. So, I killed him."

We sat there in silence. She brought noise again. "It was quite selfish of me." She put her head down. "I never felt so guilty in my life."
" So, you quit?" I asked.
She nodded. "Yes, and now I'm looking for another guy to love, and not to kill." Her cheeks seemed slightly pink when she was saying that.
"I see." I said. She then looked deep into my eyes. My heart felt as if it skipped a beat again. Stop it!

"Do you have a girlfriend?" She asked in wonder, almost as if desperate to know my answer. I answered quickly. "Classified."
She giggled. I wasn't expecting that. "Your so secretive. I like that." She said as she watched me nervously fold my napkin. I was silent. I had no words to force out of my mouth. My stomach felt light, and a chill went up my spine. Why is this happening?

"Well." Carlee said, as she interrupted my thoughts. She stood up from the wooden fancy chair. "Thanks. I hope to go on another date with you Kie." My heart leaped. "Kie?" I mumbled.
"See you later. I think I'll walk home."
She then walked over to the door, and as it opened, the sunset sunlight lit up the small room. Then with one skip of a heartbeat, the door closed quietly. What is wrong with me? I felt almost sick.
As soon as I knew she left and would not return to the small table I was stuck at, everything subsided.