Chapter 13(Twisted)

Kyle's Pov

It's Friday morning, and I wake up with the T.V off and Carlee snoozing in my arms. I was just about to close my eyes when I heard a knock on the door. "mmm." My body felt lazy. "I'll get it." I mumbled. I then, rolled gingerly over Carlee. But, I fell hard off the couch. "Ow!" I yelped.

The knock was louder. "I'm coming!" I yelled. I looked through the peephole when I arrived at the door. It was Felix! If he finds out that Carlee is here, he might tell Lori. I have to protect her at all costs. "Crap! Carlee hide!" I yelped. She slowly opened her eyes. "Why?" She asked. "Just do it!" I said in a stressed way. "Fine. I'll be in the closet." She said. Then, she quickly snuck into the closet.

I quickly opened the door after she closed the closet. Standing there was Felix. He was wearing a nice red, plaid, shirt, and black skinny jeans. His hair was combed up in a spiked way, with the red highlight shining. "What took you so long?" He asked furiously. Then, he walked in uninvited, again. "Who were you talking to?" He questioned. "Business stuff." I answered.

Then, all of a sudden, he put his head down depressingly. "I can't find Carlee." He said. "So?" I said as I sat on the couch. There wasn't even a sound made in the closet Carlee was in. "I don't even know if she likes me." He said carelessly. Did that really matter on the inside for Felix? "Hmm." I mumbled. "It feels as if she still has feelings for someone else. There's always been that...someone." He said.

My mind stayed on track. "I wonder who?" I said as I sarcastically shook my head. "Me too." He said, not knowing how much I was kidding. "S-So, wanna go get some ice cream?" Felix asked out of the blue. He was stuttering. As my eyes widened, I turned my head finding Felix blushing. He seemed truly interested in me going to ice cream with him.

"Why?" I asked furiously to see how Felix would act. He seemed calm. "No reason." He said, his cheeks red now. Then, it was silent. Not a sound, not even from Carlee, still, in the closet. "You could help me find Carlee." He said, interrupting the silence. I shook my head. "Nah, I'm busy." I answered. He glared at me, as he stopped blushing. "But, if I can't find her, then we can't kill her." He said. My head tilted. "Who do you mean, we?" I asked. Felix seemed to catch on now. "I mean, I will." He said.

Silence filled the room again. "The due date is still Sunday, right?" I asked, interrupting the silence. "Yup. Hasn't changed." He said. My mind went to the time. Carlee has been hiding for awhile now. I had to get Felix out now. "Well." I said as I grabbed Felix and gripped my hands on his shoulders. "Thanks for stopping by. But, I'm busy." I started to push him to the door. But, he started to squirm out of my grasp. "Busy doing what?" He asked. I luckily managed to get him on my doorstep. "Bye Felix." I said as I slammed the door in his face. Then, I heard his feet leave my property.

The closet door opened slowly. Then, Carlee slowly approached the couch. "Kie, we need to talk." She said to me. "I know." I answered in agreement. Then, she sat on the couch. I sat next to her. "So." I said. "So." She replied. It was silent for awhile till Carlee interrupted. "You still aiming for Sunday to kill me?" She asked out of the blue. I looked into her beautiful eyes. "Carlee, you're not going to die." I answered. She looked at me sheepishly. "Oh really? Cause from Felix's perspective, seems as if he is destined to kill me." I laughed. "As if." I said. She sighed in fear. "I'm worried Kyle." She said, my nickname not said.
"Don't be. I'll protect you." I said.

I was just about to put my arm around her. But, she scooted out from under my arm. "You still haven't told me the truth about all of this." She said. I didn't have a choice this time to keep it a secret anymore. "Lori requested me to pair up with Felix, and kill you. First we break your heart. Then, we--"
She interrupted me. "Then, you break me. Yeah?" She looked at me furiously. I just sat there and put my head down. "Do you even like me?" She asked angrily.

"If I didn't, I would have let Felix find you, and kill you right now. So, does that answer your question?" I asked. She nodded still a little concerned. "So Then, what happens Sunday?" She asked.

My mind went to Felix's situation. "Not sure." I answered. "I'm supposed to bring Felix dead, for this other person named Penny." I said calmly. She winced and jerked her head at me. "You're kidding, right?" She asked. I shook my head. "No. It's true." I said. She started shaking her head in disappointment. "This is twisted! It's sick! You're in a twisted revenge situation." She said in anger. "Then, what do I do?" I asked desperately. "We run away, together." She said out of the blue.

My cheeks warmed up. My heart pounded. I would wanted to run away with her, really. But, I couldn't. "See, that's the problem." I told her. "There is nowhere else to go where police aren't stalking my every move."
Carlee's eyes started at mine. "But, I thought the police haven't stopped looking here either." She answered.

"True. But, not that much. Plus, I
could fight them off." I said proudly. She still seemed concerned. "Then, we--" there was a pause. Then, she spoke up again. "I don't know. It's only Thursday. Give it some time. Time for thinking." She said. "Okay." I answered. I then, lifted my arm to put around her. She accepted it, and laid her head on my chest. My body shocked with warmth. She is breathtaking. "Another movie?" I requested. She smiled. "Sure." She answered.