Chapter 7(Nightmare)

Kyle's Pov

Another nightmare filled my mind. I wake up screaming. "No! No!" I started to yelp. Luckily, Carlee was there to comfort me.

It was morning. All yesterday, me and her spent time together. Her phone never rang, because her roommate must have moved on. Everything went swell. She kissed my cheek again. The anxiety has practically went away. I felt in deep happiness.

"Kie, you seriously need to sleep in bed. You just had a nightmare, didn't you?"
My head shook. "It's nothing." I say quietly. I then, see her scoot over on the two person bed. Then, she pats the soft sheet. "It's cozy..."

I sigh as I get up. Then, I slowly get on the bed with her. "Now, relax, and have good dreams." She rubbed my forehand. I had never felt so relaxed. Soon enough, we both fell asleep.

Hours pass, and we are both still snoozing. Then, all of a sudden, my room door bursts open. Carlee is the first to jerk out of my grasp. She yelps. Then, I wake up quickly, grasping her back in my arms. I wouldn't let anyone touch her.

Turns out, it was Felix. "Whoa! Felix! Crap! You scared the living daylights out of us!" I yelled. "She's after you!" He yelled back.
"What? Who?"
"Lori!"
"Why?"
"Because, she found out!" His body could not stop shaking.
Carlee interrupted the conversation between me and Felix. "What? Found out what? Why? I'm so confused."
"Me too." I said. Felix stood strong and literally screamed at us. "She found out that you love Carlee!" He covered his mouth quickly, after of what came out.

Carlee glanced at me. "What?"
My stomach started to ache. "Huh?" I said as I tried to pretend I didn't know what was going on, but it failed. "Don't play dumb with me Kyle. You guys are sitting in bed together for goodness sake." I quickly get off the warm bed. "Hold on Carlee." Then, I walk over to Felix.

"Dude, what the heck? You come charging in my house, and saying I'm in love with Carlee." I whisper. He looked at me sharply. "You do, don't you?" He asked. "Maybe." The only word that came out of my mouth. His eyes flashed in madness. "And that's the problem Kyle. You're supposed to kill her, not love her to death." My heart pounded. "But, she's different." I murmured.
"Different, how?" He asked. My mind raced too fast this time. "She...She's--"

Carlee interrupted in a worried voice. "Is everything okay over there?" I approach Carlee, dragging guilt inside of me. "Well, uhh." My body tightened. Felix looked at me in the same, curious way. What will I do? What would I tell her?

"Should we tell her what Lori said?" Felix's voice stuttered. Carlee was catching on the conversation. "What did Lori say?" She questioned. Felix looked at me. Nightmares of Carlee dying flashed through my mind. I fall to the ground shaking. What do I do?

"Kie!" She tries to hold me in her weak arms. "Are you okay?" She asks. I could not feel guilty any longer. I just have to tell her. Have to. "No. Carlee, Lori said..." I paused. "She said what?" She asked. "She said, that we have to kill you."
"What?"
"But I--"
"You what?" Carlee was furious at me now. Everything inside of me ached of guilt. How? How can I tell her, and protect her? I then, opened my lips, and spoke. "I can't let myself do that. You mean so much to me. I can't let her hurt you." Honestly, I never felt so scared. I put my head down to spread some tears.

Carlee lifted my chin viciously with her hand. "There are too many things you have kept from me. Huh Kyle?"
I didn't know what else to say. "I...I" I stuttered in fear. I felt tears building up. "I'm leaving. Talk to me, when your secrets are out. Bye Kie." My nickname was still in her voice. Then, that was that. She stormed out in less than three seconds. This was all my fault.