Chapter 9 (Diamond Success)

Kyle's Pov

My mind raced Monday morning as I start to plan how I'm going to take that diamond and possibly kill Felix. I was writing in my notebook when I heard footsteps behind me. It was Felix. "Hey Kie-le. What are you up to?"

Was Felix about to call me Kie? I almost popped out of my chair by the way Felix frightened me. I still stayed cool. "Have you ever thought about knocking?" I asked. He looked at me sheepishly. "No. Anyways, what are you doing?" He then, got closer to my desk. I quickly slammed the notebook shut. "None of your business." I say viciously. He glared at me. "I am your partner Kyle."
"Not for long." I say sarcastically. He sighed, trying to ignore what I just said. "You look stressed. Wanna go get some ice cream?"

Mind started to think of the cold and creamy substance melting in my mouth slowly. But, I snapped out of the delicious thought. "No." I said. Felix didn't stop there. "Coffee?" He asked. "No." I said as I put my leather notebook on the counter. "Then, what do you want?" He asked. I had to do my diamond job, so I walked up to Felix, and glared in his eyes. "Carlee. I need to talk to her." He winced in my direction. "Why? I thought you got over her." I didn't hesitate on getting the question out of him. "Where is she?" I yelled. His eyes widened. "At the movies, sheesh."

I then, was just about to leave when I asked Felix something. "Does she like you?" He looked at the leather notebook on the counter. "A little bit. Doesn't matter though since she's leaving." He said. Leaving...that's something I can't handle. I sighed. "Well, I gotta go. Help yourself to some money under my bed."
"Alright."
"I won't be back till maybe midnight, or morning." I then, slammed the door without letting Felix reply.

About an hour passes, and I was still standing by the doors of the AMC Movie theater. Finally, the doors opened and out came Carlee. I quickly followed after her outside on the sidewalk. She stopped so quickly, I almost bumped into her. I began start the conversation. "Carlee, I--" but then, got interrupted. "You're a liar, aren't you?" She questioned. "What?" I ask, trying to ignore my stomach ache full of stress.

"Felix said to me, that you were gonna kill me, and that I should stay away from you." My mind raced, I need that diamond! So, I said calmly. "But, I need something from you. Then, I promise I'll leave you alone." Carlee then, started to walk away. I tagged along, watching the birds fly to the tree next to them. "What do you need Kie?" She asked me, my nickname still ringing.

"You know that headband you wore the other night, when we danced?" I asked. "Sure, why?"
"I need it." I said clearly. She stopped walking, and tilted her head. "Why?" She asked. "Business." I responded. She looked confused at me, then she stared into my eyes. "Well liar, I didn't like the style of it, so I returned it to the shop." She started walking again. "Now, they raised the price, because of the rare diamond inside." Now at a shop? I quickly asked the next question for the diamond's location. "What shop?" She put her hand up to stop me from asking more questions. Then, she said, "I wasn't done. Because of the rare diamond, they put it in the bank."

Oh great, I have to rob a bank now? I watched Carlee step away from me. "Now, leave me alone."
I sighed in disbelief. "Alright, fine." I said as I walked away. Watching her in the distance made things worse in my heart.

Nighttime finally arrives. I was sleeping in my bed the whole evening. Then, when the stars started to shine, my alarm bursted the silence. I wake up slowly. It was 11:30pm. Yawning and rubbing my eyes to adjust to the darkness in my room, I look in my closet for something to keep me covered during my steal.

Soon enough, I find myself wearing my black leather jacket, a black beanie, black skinny jeans, and black night vision goggles. Yeah, everything was black. I then, sneak outside into my hummer.

About ten minutes pass, and I finally arrive at the bank. Cameras surrounded the inside of the building. I couldn't just burst through the window. So, I quietly squeeze through the dusty vents to approach the precious diamond. Then, I take my black beanie and lower it down in front of the camera to the diamond. I suddenly smack the camera with my glove and let is fall to the wooden stand on which the diamond was sitting on. Successfully, the diamond falls lightly into the soft bed of the beanie. I then, gradually get out of the vent and head home in my hummer for the night. Success...