Chapter 5(Take You Home)

Kyle's Pov

As I start to get ready in the bathroom, Felix watches. "Why would she, ask me, to a dance, when she barely knows me?" I asked as I put on my red bow tie. "Special charms maybe?" He says unexpectedly. "I guess." I say, then, comb my hair for last touches. "Well, you better go pick her up." He threw the car keys that belonged to the new Ferrari at me. "Not a scratch, got it?"

"Got it." I then, quickly run to the car.

I finally arrive on the driveway of Carlee's house. More screaming. Then, the door opens. Carlee, walks out. The anxiety exploded in me. She was wearing a beautiful, shimmering, silver dress. Her hair was down with this amazing headband that looks as if costed one thousand dollars. Her shoes matched her dress. Her face was shining with almost just the right amount of makeup.

She runs to my car as if her life depended on it. The door slammed behind her. I got out and opened the passenger door, like a gentleman. As soon as we were both settled in the seats and the car was moving, she ends the silence. "Thanks for picking me up." She forces a giggle, but I could tell she was in pain. "Yeah." I said as I watched the traffic around us.

When we arrive at the party, I see only maybe about forty people over. It seemed like a small controlled party. It was outside by a lake and a gazebo. The lights were dull and a disco ball lit up the small place. There was beer and some cocktails.

About an hour passes with loud music and watching people dive off the docs into a lake for fun. Then, the DJ spoke loudly. "Glad you all are having fun!" \

As, if... 

"It's time to grab a partner and take things slow." Then, the music went to a slow beat. The sound of melody filled our ears.

My body got surprised when Carlee pressed hers against mine in a slow dance position. My stomach didn't feel as sick, as if I was supposed to be there at that very moment. Except my heart started to skip more beats. I was starting to shake as she grabbed my hands and put them on her waist.

Is this normal? I thought to myself as she got closer. "Your warm." She said. We started to sway side to side. I felt like I was gonna faint. But, I didn't. She then twirled, and her dress flowed perfectly. Then, she came into my arms again. "I think you're a real softy on the inside."
My eyes widened. "N-No!" I blurted out. I stood up strong to tell her how tough I was, but I got interrupted. "Okay, whatever." She smiled softly.

"Why do you like me Carlee?" I don't know how that came out, but I said it. Her eyes met mine. "Because you seem..." She paused. "Different."
"Good different, or bad?"
She giggled. "Both."

"Hmm." My mind raced. "Okay." I said. She looked at me serious now. "Do you like me? Be honest."
My mind went blank. I didn't speak for at least a minute. She was patient. "Uh, well." I said as my cheeks warmed up. "S-Sure." That was all I could say. Do I love her? What is love? I thought to myself in the sound of the calm music.

"It's a yes or no question Kie." She said. My heart beat loud. I was sure she could hear it. "I don't know okay?"
She still had a slight smile on her face as if she read my mind.

A ringing sound filled my ear. It was her phone. She quickly reached into her dress pocket and answered. "Hello?" As the sound of another person was talking on the phone, her smile disappeared. "But.....no...okay." She said as she put her phone back in her pocket. Tears started to stream down her face. She forced another painful smile.

"What's wrong?" I asked. "My roommate." She said sadly. "I can't sleep in her house anymore. She replaced me with this other girl. I can't go there again." She started to whimper. Oh, so she lives with her roommate huh?
"My Mom won't allow me at her house. She hates me, and gets drunk every night. One time, she made me sleep on the streets." She put her head down. "Oh." I had nothing else to say.

Her smile she could not force anymore. It was too hard for her to even look up at me. She was humiliated about her living situation. "Well, thanks for coming with me to the party." She walked away into the crowd and out the door. My stomach lurched. "Wait!" I said as I ran after her. I ran out the door. It was raining. I grabbed her arm softly. "Yeah?" She said, as her hair flipped the raindrops.

"You can sleep at my house."
She started to think. "It's warm and not on the hard, cold, wet, streets." I said desperately. She looked at me as tears still remained on her cheeks. "You don't really have to do that Kie." She said. "No, really. Let's go." What did she have to lose?

She ran and hugged me tightly. I had the same feeling again. "Thanks Kie! You're the best!"
"Yeah, yeah let's go." I said playfully. Then, we both walk to the car and head to my place for the night.