Chapter 12(Heart-Broken)

Kyle's Pov

Police sirens filled the sound as I ran on the streets. They were after me. Luckily, I managed to escape and get in my room quickly. I had a knife in my hand and my hands were bloody. Surely explains what I did...

It's early Thursday morning. All of Wednesday, I had to do another request. The request was to steal a golden necklace from the mall. I successfully got it, but did hurt some people to get it. That explains the knife. Then, I gave the golden necklace to the person who requested it. Another pile of money dropped into my hands. I then, spent the money in the evening.

Police haven't stopped chasing me. They have been starting to solve my puzzle of clues together now. Today, I am planning on cleaning up and stay at home.

After I took a shower, I sat on the couch and turned on the T.V. Again, the news was on. "Another steal. This time, the steal was at the mall. We are missing a very expensive golden necklace. We do have a small image of the robber."
My eyes twitched. They got a picture of me? I looked closely as they pulled out the picture. Luckily, it was just a small blurry one of my black jacket. Who cares, I got a brown one too. That clue won't solve anything.

As I was about to listen to the rest of the situation, I heard a quiet tap on the door. It must be Felix again. Ugh.
I quickly put on my black sweats and a navy blue sweatshirt. Then, I opened the door. When the door swung open, my body almost dropped to the floor. It was Carlee.

Carlee was wearing black leggings, a light blue sweatshirt, and (Vans) tennis shoes. Her face was covered in tears and her mascara was smearing. She was crying hard. But, why? "K-Kie." She mumbled. "Carlee." I said calmly.

It was cold, rainy, and foggy outside. Even though Carlee was wearing her warm sweatshirt, she was shivering, and her teeth chattered quietly.

"Why are you here?" I asked. She cried louder. "Felix broke my heart!" She screamed.
That was the plan all along. I remembered Felix say, "We break her heart. Then, we break her ourselves."
That's a little too early to break her heart though.

I welcomed Carlee in my room. "Are you okay?" I asked. She glared at me like I just slapped her. "Do I look okay?" She yelled, asking me. She looked really upset. My mind twisted. "Just sit on the couch. I'll make you some coffee." I said to her. She slowly wobbled over to the couch. Then, she sat down and relaxed. "T-Thank you Kie." She said quietly. My heart skipped a beat. "Yeah." I murmured as I gave her the warm mug of coffee with just a bit of cream inside. She then, held the mug up to her lips, and drank.

I licked my lips, wondering how hers would feel like against mine. "Carlee?" I asked. She looked at me as she lowered her mug. "Yes?" She answered. My eyes narrowed on hers. "Let's just watch a movie, and talk later about what happened before." I said. She did a sweet smile, just a little forced. "Okay Kie." She answered.

I then, quickly grabbed the remote and put on a comedy movie to cheer her up. Then all of a sudden, when I sat on the couch, she sat right in my lap and snuggled up to me. My cheeks warmed up, blushing. My mind went blank, and my heart felt as if it leaped to my throat.
Does Carlee still love me? Why would she snuggle up to me? Will I still be able to protect her? The questions swirled in my mind as she laid her head on my chest.