Chapter 15 (Not Surprised)

Kyle's Pov 

It's Saturday. Me and Carlee haven't left my room all morning. It's just been movies and pizza. Then, once in awhile, we both have a bathroom break. Most of the movies have been just comedy. Till, Carlee requested a horror film. I hate horror films. People say that they aren't that scary. But, for me, anything with dolls or clowns, will make me not sleep for ages.

I could hear Carlee eating some buttered popcorn while the movie was playing. You know that part when the person is so dumb, that they are obviously going to go into the deep, dark, closet? Yeah, that's what happened. I started to shake. My eyes started to widen. All of a sudden, the dark closet bursted open, and clowns came out with a bloodcurdling scream.

I practically jumped off the couch, and screamed. My scream was such a high note, that I almost sounded like one of the clowns on the T.V. "Crap! Turn it off! Now!" I yelled. I started to panic. Carlee was laughing. "Okay, okay." She said as she turned off the movie. "Scaredy cat." She giggled.

"Shut up." I ordered. "Let's just watch a normal movie." I said calmly, knowing I'll have nightmares tonight. "Like a romance one?" Carlee mumbled. Then, out of the blue, she snuggled up to me, when I sat back on the couch. Then, her eyes gazed into mine. They sparkled and gleamed a turquoise color. My cheeks warmed up, as I leaned my forehead against hers. She's breathtaking. "Y-Your so beautiful Carlee." I said, as I stuttered. "Thanks." She smiled.

Maybe now it is the time to tell her my feelings. I wonder if she loved me back. I finally know what love is, but does she? I began to open my mouth. "I think I lo--" I got interrupted by a knock at the door. Quickly I covered my mouth with my hand, hoping she hadn't heard what I was just about to say. "Who's that?" She asked. "Stay here. I'll go look." I said quietly. Then, I silently slid off the couch. I had to make sure it's not Lori. So, I slowly opened the door, having my pocket knife in handy. Instead of Lori at the door, it was Felix. Again.

"Hey, Kyle." He greeted me. Then, he reached into his coat pocket and cleared his throat. He then, held up a notecard. "I wanted to tell you--" I interrupted viciously. "What the heck Felix?" I yelled. He winced. "I just came to tell you something." He answered. "I'm busy right now." I said to him. He didn't move. "But, I--" I interrupted again. "Felix, not now. I'll see you Sunday." I said. I then, was just about to close the door till Felix yelled. "Kyle, wait!" He said desperately. I pushed the door open. "Can we get ice cream at least, tonight?" He asked.

Felix has been asking me to get ice cream almost every time I see him. I was starting to get annoyed. "Will you leave me alone for the rest of the day?" I asked. He nodded. "Yes. Till seven thirty pm?" He asked. "Fine." I said fiercely, then slammed the door. Thank goodness that was over.

Soon, it ended up being seven thirty pm. I had on my black and white T-Shirt with my spike collar and a pair of black skinny jeans. My hair was messy. But, it still looked casual. As I walked out the door, Carlee grabbed my shoulder. "Another movie?" She asked. I shook my head. "You watch the scary ones. But, I gotta go to ice cream with Felix." I answered.

"Ooh, a date?" She asked, giggling. My stomach clinched. "You know I like you Carlee." I said sharply. She leaned in and whispered in my ear. "Having trouble with your L's?" She said, smiling. "Haha, very funny." I said sarcastically. Then, I opened the door. "Have fun!" She yelled sarcastically. "Call me if you need anything." I said. Then, I left, closing the door.

Moments pass, and I end up at a park bench with Felix. I didn't order ice cream, but Felix did. "So..." I murmured. "So..." He said back to me, as he ate his vanilla ice cream. It was silent for awhile. "You sure you don't want any ice cream?" He asked as he finished his cone. "I'm sure." I answered. Especially since we were just at the ice cream shop. "Okay." He said.

Minutes pass, and I watch the stars shine in the dark and clear sky. It was humid and moist from the rain the other day.

"When you were on my doorstep, you had something else to say, didn't you?" I asked. Felix started to blush. "Not really." He answered. "Mhmm." I murmured sarcastically. He giggled. "You're cute." He said. My stomach lurched. "What?" I asked sharply. "Listen, I did have something to say." He said.

"And what is that?" I asked. "We've been together for awhile now." He said out loud. "I wouldn't say, (together)." I answered. "It's been awhile." He said. "More like, two weeks." I mumbled. "Well, the point is." He paused. "Ummm..." He started to hesitate. "Just spit it out Felix-Floozy." I said sarcastically. I smirked a little. He didn't take my joke. "I'm just gonna do it." He said. "Wait, what?" I asked.

All of a sudden, before I could finish my thoughts, Felix grabbed my collar and kissed me. My eyes widened. I was so surprised, that I almost jumped. I tried to pull away quickly before things got out of hand. But, he wrapped his arms around my neck. His lips were soft, and it tasted like vanilla. Must be from the ice cream. I could feel the warmth of his body against me. I couldn't handle it anymore.

At least a minute passes, which felt like forever passed, when all of a sudden, my phone rang. Felix got distracted by the constant ringing noise, and pulled away. I wiped my mouth cautiously and cleared my throat. Then, I held the phone up to my ear. "Hello?" I said. It was Carlee's voice.

"I'm scared Kie." She said to me. She was stuttering. "Why? What's wrong?" I asked. "The movie scared me. I'm shaking now." She answered. "Okay scaredy cat." I giggled. "I'm coming. Bye." I said as I hung up. Then, my eyes went straight to Felix. He couldn't keep eye contact with me now. "Kyle, I--" I interrupted. "I'm not surprised. But, I just, wasn't expecting you to actually kiss me." I said.

"You knew I liked you?" He asked. I looked at the ground. I was a little annoyed about this gay situation. "Look, I gotta go." I said to Felix. He put his head down. He seemed frustrated. "Okay, see you tomorrow, in the alley." He said with a sigh. I hesitated, then agreed. "Yeah." I said, as I walked away from the bench.

Soon, I arrive back home. The crickets were now chirping when I opened the door to my room. I then, find Carlee in my room, shaking. "Kie!" She yelled with joy. Then, she ran up to me, and wrapped her arms around me. "You're back!" She squealed, hugging me now. "Yeah. Now, let's get to bed." I said as I carried her to my bed.

I laid her down on my bed. She rolled over to get comfortable. Soon enough, she had calmed down. I took off my shirt and let the cool moist air from my window touch my skin. Then, got in bed. Carlee snuggled up to me and whispered in my ear. "I love you Kie." Everything inside of me pounded. Anxiety filled my stomach. My cheeks turned cherry red in the darkness. She loves me? I didn't know what to say. So, I stayed quiet.

Then, Carlee giggled quietly. "Nothing to say, Kie?" She asked me. I gingerly put my arm across her body. "I-I love you too." I said with a stutter. I didn't hear anything from her, except soft, heavy breathing. She must have fallen asleep when I wrapped my arm around her. So much for telling my feelings. Soon enough, I fall into a deep sleep as well.