Chapter 8 (Expenses)

Kyle's Pov

The first week has just passed, and all I have done was, protect and fall for, Carlee. Now, it's Sunday, and I have till next Sunday to bring Carlee's dead body into the hands of Lori. Things are getting worse. All of yesterday, I was searching for her, and she disappeared. She isn't anywhere.

Felix hasn't stopped bothering me ever since yesterday, which was Saturday, the day after Carlee stormed out of my room and out of my house.

I've been sitting at my table for hours now, calling Carlee's phone number. It's like she blocked me, because it goes straight to voicemail every time.
"Hey it's Carlee Parker. Sorry, I'm not available right now. Leave a message, bye!" Then, the sound of a beep. I didn't speak. I couldn't. Silence trapped me. I hung up quickly.

Then, I hear someone approach me. It was Felix. "Dude, I'm really s--"
I interrupted furiously. "You did this! You knew I liked her!" Felix didn't move a muscle. "Which is another reason why I did it." He said calmly. My mind went almost insane. I pulled out my gun viciously, and pointed it right to his chest. My eyes were looking straight into his soul. "You got in my way, Felix-floozy. Now, you pay." My finger rubbed against the trigger.

Felix stepped back cautiously. "I didn't Kyle. You did this to yourself, and got in your own way." My mind hesitated. Then, slowly, my finger moved away from the trigger. "That is why, I should have finished the job early."
Felix stared at me as I dropped my gun. The gun fell to the floor, almost in slow motion.

It was silent. Then, Felix spoke. "Look, I'll make you a deal." My eyes looked at the gun flat on the floor. "What deal?" I asked. "Keep the money Lori payed you. You have fun, and spend it. Forget about Lori's deal. I'll do it myself." My heart dropped. But, I knew it was the right thing to do and forget, right? No, it can't, can it?

Things were silent as I thought.
"Kyle, it's best to get over it." He said.
I sighed loudly. Felix didn't give up on me. "I'll tell you when it's finished." My mind went blank in silence for at least two minutes. Then, words came out of my mouth in pain. "Okay. Do you know where she is?" His head jerked in my direction with surprise. "No need to know where she is. All you need to know now, is she will fall for me, and I'll finish the job."

My heart sank. "Where...is...she?" My voice was low, but in deeper pain now. Felix sighed at me. "At the nearest coffee shop." He then, opened my room door. He looked back at me with a pause. "Spend some money Kyle. You need that." Then, that was that. He left.

Three hours pass, and I come home in a brand new hummer. I also bought a nice leather jacket, and a new pocket knife. Then, I bought a pair of awesome sunglasses to keep my profile hidden. When I finally relax on the couch, trying to forget about Carlee, my iPhone rings.

I answer with a strong voice. "Hello?"
"Hi, I need you to meet me at the downtown bar." It was a women. Her voice almost sounded a little familiar. "I heard what you can do. I have a request for you." My mind went straight to the money. "How much do you have first?" I asked. There was a quick pause. Then, she said something that made me jump. "Fifty grand." My eyes widened. I gasped. Fifty grand! I cleared my throat to keep cool. "I'll be there in five minutes."
"Great, see you then. Bring, no one."
Then, she hung up.

Five minutes pass, and I finally arrive at the bar. This was the bar I got Felix from. Interesting. When I enter the bar, I look around. Not that many people were around. Maybe about twelve people chugging down some beer bottles. Then, a small sound came from the left side of me.

"Psst!"
My head turned slowly. Then, at a small table in the corner, I see the women. I was right, she was familiar. She was the one with the bluish purple hair. The one who swayed her hips to me. The one who gave Felix that cocktail.

She was wearing a black dress, with a black top hat. I walked over to her table and sat down quickly to get this over with. "Hey, what is the request?"
Her eyes gazed at me. "So brave of you to come here." Her eyelashes bashed. I rolled my eyes. "The request?"

She didn't stop! She scooted her chair to me. Then, she hugged my arm. "Right." She said softly in my ear. I didn't feel like messing around at all. I slowly got out of her grasp and groaned madly. I was in business. "What is the request?" I asked for the third time.
"I need two things done. A steal, and a kill. Okay?"

"You said fifty grand?" I questioned. "Yes." She answered. Fifty grand is a lot of money. I didn't hesitate. "That's reasonable. Tell me what to steal first." She smirked. "There is this rare diamond I have always wanted. It's so expensive though, and police guard it most times."

"Why don't you just buy it?" I ask in curiosity. "Are you kidding? That's the problem. It's one hundred grand." My jaw dropped. "One Hundred Grand?" My voice almost screamed. That's way too much money for a diamond. Girls these days, all they care about are boys, and jewels. Or do they?

"You can't handle it?" She asked. My mind was racing. "No, I can handle it. Yeah, I've handled worse..."
"Great!" She said happily. "So, where is this masterpiece diamond, and who has it?" I asked. I then, see the women quickly pull out a picture from her dress pocket. It was a picture of Carlee. It was taken at that dance, I could tell. She was wearing her headband, and right in the middle was the rare expensive diamond.

"This girl owns it." She says, as I take the picture. My heart raced when I saw the beautiful gaze in Carlee's eyes when that picture was taken. "I know that girl." I say strongly. "Or, at least used to." My heart felt as if it snapped when I said that. "I can get it to you next Sunday." I was determined now for that money.

"Great." She said with a smile. Then, her face went serious. "If you go to jail and get caught, the deal still goes on till, your due date." Her face got closer to mine. "When it's overdue, the money stays with me, got it?" I nodded. "Yes." I said fiercely. "Now, who to kill?" I questioned.

I then, see her reach deeper into the pocket of her black dress. Another picture. It was Felix.

My eyes felt as if they were gonna blast out of my head when I saw Felix's picture. I have to kill him? My own partner in crime?
"His name is Felix Black." She said as she interrupted my panicking thoughts. Then, my mouth opened slowly and unsure. "I know him too."
She glanced at me, then her eyes gazed across the bar. "You were the one who got him last week." She mumbled.

It was true. Felix was the partner I got. It felt as if it was only yesterday when I let him tag along. It feels like he is playing my heart like a violen. I can't seem to get my head straight on killing him. So I said smoothly, "Let me think about that." She winced surprised. "Okay. But, if you only complete half of what you owe, I'll give you half of what I have. Deal?" I nodded. "Fine with me." I then, got up and left the bar.

What am I doing? I get required to steal from the girl I think I love, and kill my partner in crime. How am I going to get through this twisted mess if I haven't even completed the last? I'm such a failure.