Chapter 17(Stolen Glory)

Kyle's Pov 

My eyes opened slowly. I looked at my blurry surroundings. I was chained up in jail, behind bars. How long have I been here? What's going on?

As soon as got up, pain shot threw my head and I felt dizzy. My legs stumbled and I fell to the ground again. My mind spun with the thoughts from the alley. Carlee, falling to the ground. She died because of me. As I opened my lips, I started to weep and cry. I could feel the tears streaming down my face. I couldn't hold back the pain I felt inside. My heart felt as if it ripped in half and left me. My whines and cries got louder as more memories of her shot, dead on the ground appeared. I loved her, and I failed to keep her safe. I'm sorry.

About an hour passes, and I am still on the ground, mourning over my loss. When, the door slams open. I quickly wipe my tears away and sit up tall. Penny, walked in slowly. "Kyle." She said with a smirk. Anger exploded inside of me. "You!" I screamed. "I'm gonna murder you!" I couldn't control myself! My mind was destined to grab her and destroy her right then and there.

Penny glared at me. "Don't be so violent." She mumbled back. Then, she walked closer to the bars. "So, I need you to do me another favor." She said. I shook my head quickly. "I ain't doing anymore favors for you Penny." I said viciously. She got even closer. I could almost grab her. "It will lead you to freedom." She said with another smirk. I still shook my head. She was the one who had gotten me arrested. Why would I trust her again. After all she did to me!

I sat there for about three minutes, not wanting answer her. But, Penny waited. I glanced at her viciously and turned my back completely to her. Then, I spoke quietly. "The last time I did orders from you, Carlee had died." Penny started to laugh and chuckle. "Did She?" She questioned me. She must have not known what happened after she drove away.
I started to whimper to myself again. My head faced the dirty, concrete floor of the jail cell. I way about to burst into tears again. I have cried so hard already, anything that could come out was small whimpers; occasionally I would wince at the sound of the gunshot through my mind.

"Just get out of my sight." Mumbled to her. Penny got even close to those damn bars. "I need you to--" I interrupted with a scream. "I said, GET OUT!" I growled at her. Then, I quickly turned around and slammed my fist into her nasty face. She tumbled to the ground, holding her left cheek. Her dark green scarf came off from the impact. Then, she stood up with a wobble. Her mouth bleeding a bit from biting her own tongue. Her eyes glared at me. "Carlene really did change you." Then, she turned to the Exit. "I'm leaving she blurted out." I heard her start to walk closer to the door. "Good." I mumbled once more. That was that. She was gone.

About four hours pass, and I'm found lying on the floor on the jail. My back was aching and sore from staying in one place till mid-afternoon. Suddenly the door opens again. I lay there, knowing it could possible be Penny again, trying to bribe me this time with both money and freedom.
I didn't want that. All I wanted was Carlee. I wanted to see her eyes one last time. Those beautiful turquoise eyes, that have such a small hint of blue. It makes me wander into them; get lost into them like a boat that got pulled out into the seat, and sank, lost in all the blue color. All the wonders it could possibly be held. My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a voice. Very familiar. "K-Kyle?"

My head throbbed as I sat up. My back still facing the bars. "What do you want Felix Floozy?" I said quietly. To be honest, I wasn't surprised that Felix showed up. I knew or at least had a feeling he'd visit. Probably try and comfort me. After all, he was my Partner in crime. "I'm gonna bail you out." He said with a bit of confidence. "With what money?" I asked, no sarcasm intended. "I spent it all, remember?" I exhaled. "Penny requested a favor." He said.
Again with Penny. Why would Felix still try and work with her. Especially when I'm behind bars. Unless he's just that desperate. "I no longer do business with her." I said, as I turned around and faced Felix. Instead of looking into Felix's sky blue eyes, I stared at my lap. One minute of silence. Then, Felix spoke up again. "Well, the favor is to steal a golden ring from the mall. Guards are all around it." Was Felix stupid!? I did work with him. But, I don't know his full past. But, from experience, I know he hasn't stolen anything, but almost the heart of Carlee.
It takes practice, and I know for a fact, there is no way Felix would be able to steal that expensive ring, especially in a Mall. So many people could see any wrong move. "Felix, you shouldn't do that." I said in a stern manner. "You could get hurt." I blurted out at the last second. I don't know what I said that. I mean, do I even care at this point if Felix gets arrested. New annoying roomie for me. That would be living hell.

Felix stared at me through the bars. Trying to make important eye contact with me. "You're worth a couple beat downs." He murmured to Me. I sighed. I was speechless at this point. He really did have the hots for me. It made things a bit awkward. So, I decided to show as if I didn't understand social cues and spoke again. "Whatever. If anything bad happens to you, it's all your fault and you'll be on your own." Felix winked. "Copy that." He said and turned around, about ready to head out the door. "Good luck." I mumbled. "Yeah...I'm gonna need it." He replied. Then, he opened the door. I spoke up again, as if desperate this time. "And Felix?" I looked up, this time making eye contact. He looked back. "Yeah?" He tilted his head in curiosity. "Be careful."
He smiled slightly. "Of Course." Then, there was a slam of the door. He was gone.

Maybe like about an hour passed and I hear the News turn on. The miniature TV echoed through the small jail. A young lady, maybe in her twenties was speaking in the set/studio. "Important announcement. Breaking news at the downtown Mall. Just now, a robber has entered one of the shops; Hollister to be exact. A beautiful golden price of jewelry has been stolen. Luckily, he have captured an image of the Robber."
I clenched my teeth as the searched for the image. Finally posted onto the screen.
Luckily it was a blurry picture of a young man dressed in black. His face not ever showing. The lady continued.
"If you know who did this, or have any information to provide about this situation, please report it, and come claim your reward. Thanks You."
I chuckled at the TV. "That little douche bag did it. Wow most impressive." I talked to myself quietly. "I'm going home.