Chapter 16(Avenge)

It's Sunday morning now. The birds were chirping, and the sunshine shined through my window. Carlee rolled over in bed to get comfortable. Later, my cell phone rang. "Hello?" I answered. It was Felix.

"It's Sunday, Kyle." He said to me. My stomach dropped. He's right, it is. It came too fast, and now it's here. "I know." I said. "Meet me in the evening in the alley." I ordered. "Yeah, okay." He answered. My mind was racing. "You sure about this?" I asked. "Bye Kyle." Felix then, quickly hung up on me.

After Felix hung up on me, Carlee woke up. "Hey, Kie." She said quietly as she yawned. "Sup." I nodded in greeting. "How was your sleep?" I asked. She smiled. "Good. Now, what are we doing today?" She asked. "It's your choice." I answered. My mind went blank. "Umm..." She paused. "Twister?" She questioned. "Okay." I nodded.

I then, went to my closet, and pulled out the mat and the spinning wheel. Next, we both laid it onto my room floor. "Okay." Carlee said, as she spun the wheel.

Moments pass, and I end up on the mat as well. "Spin it again." I said, as my back was halfway to the ground. "Okay. I'll try." She then, reached as far as she could for the small wheel. Then, all of a sudden, her weight fell on top of me. "Oops! Sorry!" She said weakly. "It's okay." I answered. It was silent, as I felt Carlee's body against mine. We gazed into each other's eyes. Then, out of the blue, Carlee leaned in. She was gonna kiss me. I leaned in as well. I closed my eyes as I waited for her lips to touch down on mine.

Then, out of nowhere, my phone rang. I gotta learn to keep my phone on vibrate next time. Carlee quickly got off of me, when I reached for my phone on my bed. That phone number was way too familiar to me. It was Felix...of course. My fist clenched as I answered the phone in anger from the interruption.

"What do you want Felix?" I asked in frustration. "I just got a call from Lori. She's ready to meet in the evening as well." He answered. This is all so twisted! What am I doing? I haven't even completed half of my request. I sighed loudly, then replied. "Okay, bye." I said as I hung up.

Then, I looked at Carlee as if nothing had happened. To make Carlee less curious about who I just talked to, I changed the subject. "Wanna watch a movie?" I asked. She forced a smile, knowing that I was worried about something. "Sure." She answered. I nodded and then, grabbed the remote for a romance film.

Hours pass, and me and Carlee were still sitting in front of the TV on the couch. Carlee had fallen asleep on my shoulder. Soon enough, Felix called. Luckily my phone was on vibrate, not to wake Carlee. "What?" I asked, as I held the phone softly. "It's time." Felix answered. Fear exploded inside of me. I felt sick. Was I really going to do this? "Be there in fifteen minutes." I answered. Yeah, I was going to do this. "Got it." Felix said. Then, we both hung up.

Carlee was peacefully breathing as she slept. I hated myself for waking her up. Her eyes opened slowly, and she yawned quietly. Her eyes stared into mine, showing that she's listening. "Hey." I started. "We are going on a date." I said strongly. The only way to get Carlee out of my room without her worrying so much. "This late?" She asked as she looked at the clock. It was almost seven o'clock. Must be late for her I guess. "Yeah, let's go." I said.

Carlee slowly rose from the couch. I watched her from my room window as she walked to my hummer. I then, quickly opened my drawer by the TV and pulled out my pocket knife and my hand gun. I needed back up if things go wrong. Then, I tucked them into the pocket of my sweats and got two jackets from under my bed for the alley, if the storm kicks in.

Fifteen minutes pass, as I drive the hummer into the opening of the alley. The clouds had covered the sky. It started to sprinkle rain. In the corner of my eye, I saw Carlee's confused expression. "What is this place?" She asked suspiciously. "A short cut and parking space." I said, as if I knew exactly what I was doing. She nodded unsure. I parked the car a block from the end of the alley, so that Carlee would get out of the car without hesitation. Then, I got out of the car and opened the door to her side. "Let's walk." I said calmly. She nodded as she followed me.

The wind started to blow strong. Carlee started to shake. She must be cold. I gave her my jacket to go over the one she already had on. Finally, we arrived at the end of the alley. I stopped by the garbage can, and waited patiently. Carlee just looked at me confused. She didn't say anything though. I wonder why? About thirty seconds pass, and I see Felix appear from a cluster of bushes behind a brick wall. He was wearing a gray sweatshirt and a pair of jeans. "Hey Kyle." He said, as he nodded in greeting. Carlee winced. "Why is Felix here?" She asked. She then, grabbed my arm tightly. "I can't tell you yet. Just be quiet." I mumbled to her.

Soon, a dark green van drove up to us in the alley. Out stepped Penny. She was wearing a purple ruffle dress, and her hair was up in a ponytail. After that, was Lori on her motorcycle. Lori was wearing a black, leather jacket and a pair of black skinny jeans. Carlee started to squeeze my arm tighter, cutting my circulation, which made me feel dizzy. "What is this Felix?" Lori asked. Felix stuttered as he spoke. "L-Look Lori, we came to talk." He answered. Penny joined in the conversation. "You must be Lori, right?" She asked, as she put out her hand for an introduction. Lori slapped her hand viciously. "You must be loser, right?" She asked sarcastically, as she smirked. Penny scowled. "Whatever." She said.

Then, Lori looked straight at Carlee. I could feel Carlee's nails dig into my arm. I felt sick now. I thought she might draw blood. "How come she isn't dead yet?" Lori asked to both me and Felix. Felix didn't hesitate. "Because, I came to make a deal." He answered. Penny started to stare at Carlee as well. Then, her eyes stared into mine. "So was Kyle." She said fiercely. I felt like I was gonna faint, here and now. It was silent, as I wrapped my other arm around Carlee. My heart pounded loudly. My whole body was in fear.

Carlee could hear my heart. She pushed away from me in anger and frustration. She still stood beside me for protection. Penny interrupted the silence. "Well, thanks for the diamond at least." She said. Then, it all happened too quickly for me to react. Penny, reached out her phone, and called the police. Then, she threw the tracker up on top of one of the buildings out of reach. "Have fun." She said sarcastically as she got in her van and drove away.

My heart pounded louder than before. My jaw clenched, and my stomach sank. I felt like I was gonna throw up. What have I done? The police were coming, and all I can think of, is to get Carlee out of this. I gingerly grabbed Carlee's arm, and pulled her. "Carlee, we need to go." I said, as I started to shake. "What's this all about?" She said, raising her voice. "Carlee." I said, pulling her harder now. She quickly ripped her arm out of my grasp. "No!" She then, slapped my cheek. I really deserved that.

Lori was staring at in Felix. "Felix, you know what I asked you to do?" She asked. He nodded, but didn't budge. Lori reached into her pocket as she spoke. "Or else, I'll kill you." Then, she pulled out her gun. Felix's eyes widened. "Lori, I--"
Lori interrupted. "Then, kill Carlee." Carlee fearfully stepped back. "What?" She yelped. What was this all about? Felix was still planning on killing Carlee all along?

"Felix?" I began. But, I got interrupted by Lori. "I can see how much you love Kyle." She continued. "But, there is something in your way Felix." She said. Felix put his head down. Lori didn't stop there. "You see what it is?" She asked. Felix nodded, he knew quite well, that the bolder was Carlee that came in between us. Lori then, tossed her gun straight to Felix. "Don't you want to get rid of it?" She asked. Felix hesitated. Then he answered. "Y-Yes." He stuttered.

Police sirens were in the distance now. They were coming. I had to take action, quickly. "Felix, you wouldn't." I said strongly. Felix held the gun. It pointed at the chest of Carlee. "Why are you doing this?" I asked, screaming now.

Tears started to stream down Carlee's cheeks. The clouds in the sky poured rain now. There was silence. Then all of a sudden, Felix slammed the gun to the ground. "I can't." He said. "I just want Kyle happy." He then, gazed at me. He forced a small smile. I always knew he was a good guy.

Out of nowhere, Lori picked up the gun and pointed it to Carlee. "Fine! I'll do it myself!" She yelled. Luckily, the police had finally arrived to sort things out. "This is the police! Don't move!" They said, as the car door opened. Lori didn't hesitate. "If I'm going down, she's going down with me.

Then all of a sudden, as if time stopped, Lori pulled the trigger. "No!" I screamed. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me to Carlee. It all felt like a blackout. I was too late.

Carlee fell to the ground. Her chest breathing heavily. I gingerly pulled her into my arms. "Carlee!" I yelped. "Everything's going to be okay."
I said. I kissed her forehead softly. She was cold, and shaking to death in the rain that poured over us. Blood started to pour out of her chest. I couldn't dare to look where the bullet had hit. Then, a soft whisper came from her. "Kyle...Kie?" She murmured. "Shhh." I hushed her.
Felix was standing beside me shocked out of his mind. "I'm sorry." Carlee said. Then, she closed her eyes slowly.

I screamed loudly as tears flooded my eyes. Anger and rage filled my mind. Lori did this! It was all her! My mouth opened slowly as I spoke to Carlee. "I will avenge you." I mumbled. I grabbed my hand gun, and pulled the trigger straight at Lori. She screamed as the bullet went to her head. Then, she fell to the ground.

Felix managed to get away in the bushes before the police could even take action in what they had just witnessed. One of the officers was strong and the other, looked like his son. Then, another police car arrived. It was the Sheriff and two others. "Look! That's the one we've been searching for! He's the one who has robbed and killed so many innocents!"

Out of nowhere one of the police ran at me with a taser. I managed to grab a hold of one of them and start to choke them. I am not leaving Carlee's body here. The officer struggled and his breaths got heavier. But then, one of them got a hold of me and slapped my head. I shook my head, as pain shot threw. Then, another hit too the head. Everything went back.