Chapter 4(Invitation)

Kyle's Pov

'I sat there trembling, my heart thumping loudly. "No! No!" I screamed. The man stabbed my Mom. Then, the flash of a camera in my eyes. I wake up on the floor in a blank room with gray walls. "Hello?" I say as my voice echoes. There's Carlee in front of me. Then, a knife attacks my chest. Another flash.'

I wake up and fall right off the bed. It was just a dream. I get up from the gray carpet of my room. I was sweaty and a little shaky. It's been awhile since I have had a nightmare.

The door knocks. I walk over to the peephole almost forgetting how I'm still in my boxers. Thankfully, it was just Felix. So, I opened the door quickly.

Immediately, he spoke. "So, how was the date?"
"Fine."
"As in?"
"Nothing important."
I started to feel like passing out back in bed. This conversation was going nowhere. "Does she like you?" He asks. "Shh! No! What do you think?" I had some sarcasm in my tired voice, though, Felix seemed to not understand. "Dude!" His voice got louder. "We only have two weeks!" He was ticked now. "I only need one." I said calmly.

Felix walks in uninvited. He started pacing after I closed the door. "You're insane Kyle! Now, what happened on that date?" I was tired of this conversation now. "Classified." I said.

Then, out of nowhere, he got right up to my face and stared into my eyes sharply. His eyes got to a darker, bluish green color. "Look pretty boy, this isn't free time pickups. Now, what, happened?" His voice was deeper. "Pretty boy?" I questioned. He backed away from me quickly. "Uhh." He winced.
Was it me or was his cheeks turning a little, red?

"What happened?" He asked viciously. "We talked, she likes me. Okay?" Things were silent for awhile. His eyes staring into my soul. I lost to the silent game. "We done?" I asked. "No." He murmured. "Well, I am."

I then, start to get dressed. I start to look in my closet for something decent. Then, I glance behind me and find Felix staring straight at me. His eyes were slowly scanning the back side of me. I turn around. He doesn't move. "What?" I said aloud. "We're guys." Then, I see Felix snap out of it. He shook his head from how deep of interest he was in. "Still not so awake." He said. "Though, just a couple moments ago, you yelled at me."
"For a good reason."
I sighed. "Well..."

"Y-You better go. I saw Carlee at the coffee shop wondering if you'd ever show up." Then with that, Felix opened the door, and left.

After I get ready, wearing a dark purple jacket, and a pair of sweats, I head right to the coffee shop downtown. I turn my head searching for Carlee. There! There she was. She was wearing a black and white sweater, black jeans, and a pair of fuzzy, white slippers/boots. Her hair was in a messy bun with a white headband to keep the locks of hair out of her face.

I started to approach her, but when I was just ten feet away she gasps at the sight of me. "Kyle!" She squeals with a huge smile on her face. "Hi." I say calmly, trying not to loose my cool. "You drink coffee too?" She asks.
"Sure."
"Sweet! Wanna join me?"
"Fine."
"Okay." She quickly runs and grabs another cup of coffee and cream. Then, she pushes it to the side of the table where I was going to sit. She sits down and gestures to my seat. I sit down and take the cream and pour some in my coffee.

"How are you?" She asks. "Okay." I say as I stir the cream into my coffee. "Just okay?" She tilts her head. "Sure. Am supposed to be something else?" Her smile was starting to disappear. I started to drink my cream filled coffee. "So, umm, there is this dance night thing." I looked at the warm mug I had in my hands. "Okay." I say as I take another sip. "I was wondering if you'd wanna come?"

I started to choke on my coffee, but forced myself to swallow. "M-Me?" I stuttered as my stomach felt the warm coffee pass to my stomach, which was filled with anxiety. "Duh!" She bumped my shoulder playfully. "What, you thought the pizza man would go with me?" She said sarcastically. "No." I said.

"Then, say yes." She was desperate for my answer. I sighed. "Okay. When is it?" I then, took another sip. "It's tomorrow night." I almost drown in my coffee I just drank. I coughed. "What?" I was sure my heart leaped higher than last time. "You heard me." She said louder. It was silent. She was waiting for my answer.

It took me at least one minute, which seemed like ten minutes to answer. "Alright." I say unsure. Her face lit up in excitement. "Yay! You're going?"
"Sure, I guess so."
She squealed. "Awesome!" Then, out of nowhere, her arms wrapped around my neck.

Everything leaped inside of me. My stomach felt as if butterflies attacked the inside. My cheeks started to heat up. This wasn't normal for my body. I couldn't control myself.

Then, a couple seconds of her wrapped around me that felt like fifteen minutes, she let go. "S-Sorry, just got excited." Nothing subsided this time. "I noticed." My voice cracked before I cleared my throat. She giggled playfully.

I could not last longer without blowing my cool. I had to get away, quick and fast. " I, uhh, I gotta go. Okay?" My cheeks were burning, I was sure my cheeks turned red. Super, red. "Okay, bye Kie."

As soon as I get home, I see Felix out on my porch on his phone playing games. I told him what Carlee had asked me, not mentioning the hug that I almost passed out on.

"A dance, and you said yes?" He asked.
"Yes."
"Good."
"I guess."
Felix then smirked. "This plan is right on track."