Chapter 18 (I Love You)

Kyle's Pov 

It's now Tuesday. Felix has finally gotten the golden jewelry, and was now figuring out on how to bail me out. I miss Carlee more than words can express. I still remember all our moments together. She was so beautiful. Her breath taking dress, Her beautiful face. I loved the way she would look at me. Her soft voice, saying the sweetest words. Her body against mine made me feel wanted in life. She was the reason for my existence now.

But, I still remember the moment when she died in my arms. Her face was so pale. Her skin, so cold. Her eyes lost their color; and her voice...oh so soft and yet, innocent. I haven't really slept at all. Too much masses through my mind every minute of every day and night. Ever since I got here, I haven't had a break from my mind.

It's about two in the afternoon. I've been waiting for the arrival of Felix.
I've probably paced the cell over hundreds of times. The door finally opens, after many hours of silence. My back was facing the bars. I didn't feel like showing my broken face to anyone, not even Felix. Then a strong and familiar voice echoed through the concrete room. "Ahh, Kyle." I winced and my eyes widened. I turned quickly. "Duke? Is that you?" I said, trying not to strain my voice from my crying earlier. "Yeah, it's me."

Duke didn't look any different from when the last time I saw him. He was a bit taller than me. His hair a cinnamon, pumpkin orange, spice color. Basically ginger, but the colors of a flame. His skin a pale white. And his eyes; an amazing lavender purple color. His hair would still have that spiky style to it, slightly parted over the middle of his face. Admitting he is very sexy.
The thing that bothered me the most though, is I thought he was dead. Last time I saw him was when he was my First Partner in Crime. We were requested to kill someone in a fire. I thought he didn't make it out alive. So seeing him standing in front of me felt like a ghost is haunting me. How the heck is he here?!

"Kyle, my Man." He nodded in greeting to me. "But, the fire." I began my memories. "How are you still alive?" I questioned. "I escaped, of course." He smirked and winked at me. "Why are you here?" I continued. Duke approached the bars and now was about two inches away from me cell. I could see the dark purple in his eyes as he narrowed them to mine. "My friend TJ, and I fooled the cops." He said with a chuckle. "So, I am... 'A Cop'." He quoted with his fingers. "I came here to help you out." He finished. Duke really did understand that all partners should and will be there for each other; till the very end. I smiled softly. He still cared about me, let alone remembered me.
Duke suddenly clapped his hands twice and the door opened slowly. In came a young man. A bit shorter than Duke and I. He had brown hair that parted over his right eye. His eyes were a dark orange. And his skin, pale. That must have been TJ. Right behind him came Felix.

"Felix!" I yelled out to him with a crack in my voice. "Your new partner is most impressive." Duke exclaimed. I stared at Felix, seeing his face turn a bit red. He was blushing hard. I guess the last time I had eye contact with was pretty long ago. TJ spoke out to us all. "I know what Felix was trying to do. I knew he was the one who stole from the mall; saw it happen with my own eyes." Felix's eyes widened. He looked a bit scared. "Y-You do?" He questioned. "Yes. But, since he returned it back to the mall, and had explained why he needed it so bad; I started to think things over."
"And?" I tilted my head.
"Me and Duke have lots of money. Since you're not the only bounty hunter. So, we will Bail you Out with our money we have gotten." Duke grabbed the bars roughly and narrowed his eyes once more. "But-" he grabbed my dirty shirt and pulled me up against the bars. "Get caught again, and there will be no second chances." He warned. "Okay." I nodded in agreement as Duke let go of me. TJ fiddled with the keys and released me. "Don't tell the other cops I'm letting you out. Alright?" He stared at me, hoping I understood. I laughed in joy. "Whatever dude."

Felix's face was still red. He tugged on my arm and stuttered to me, as Duke and TJ left the room. "H-Hey." I stared at him. "I want to show you something." He continued to tug on me. I followed Felix out the door to the parking lot. "And what is that?" I asked. Felix opened the door to the Hummer against the curb. "It's a surprise." He smiled softly. I rolled my eyes as I opened my door to the passenger seat and sat down. "Let me guess, another Ice Cream Date?" I said sarcastically as the door closed. "Better." He turned on the engine; and started to drive to the nearest freeway.

About four hours pass in the car. I didn't care at this point. I stared out the window deep into the corn fields. The sun was setting into a beautiful pink, purple and yellow sky. I watched as the birds flew past the trees ahead. I thought to myself. Where could we possibly go? Carlee is dead, and I'm on the run. I don't feel so free right now. Lori is dead, but Penny is still in the loose.

Felix finally stopped the car after five minutes. There was a small building in front of us. It had a Red Cross painted in front. Looks like spray paint. That place looked really crappy, like it would soon collapse. "Why are we here?" I asked, after many hours of silence. Felix didn't hesitate. "I want you to see someone." He quickly got out of the car. I followed.

We approached the run down building and went inside. Inside wasn't that bad actually. It looked like a cabin. Felix passed the counter that an older lady was sitting at. She didn't question him but watched as we walked through the hallway. We approached a wooden door. Felix stepped to the side. "Go on." He nodded for me open the door. I sighed to myself. I slowly turned the metal handled and walked in, Felix following. The room looked small. The windows were tinted open with the sun setting. I looked around at the small violet furniture. The walls were a light flowery yellow.

I then turned my head, and my whole body felt as if it just got hit by a plane. My eyes widened and my mouth dropped open, as if it was gonna snap. My eyes started to tear up as if I was gonna never stop crying.

There, was a small bed, and under those very white covers, was Carlee. I thought I just saw a ghost. Was it a ghost? I started there... my whole body not wanting to move. I didn't want to mess anything up, what if this was a hallucination. I didn't want it to disappear. "C-Carlee?" I spoke out to her desperately. I started to feel the side of my neck, wondering if I was still alive, if this was real. Sure enough, Carlee smiled at me. She started to cry. I looked lower finding a bandage across her left shoulder. But, why? I thought it was the heart.
Suddenly my whole heart sank as I heard her voice echo info my ears. "Kie?" She murmured to Me. Both of us had tears streaming down our faces. "You're alive!" I screamed out to the heavens. I went down to my knees to empty my tears. "But, how?" I whimpered. "It was the shoulder." She mumbled back. "I was in a coma ever since. I just woke up this morning wondering if you were still alive." I stood up and ran as fast as my legs could carry me and clasped beside her legs on the soft mattress. I moved my head onto her lap and lay on top of her legs lightly. She rubbed my head and played with my hair. The black and white mixing together. It doesn't matter. All that matters is she's alive. My melody of words spoke to her. "I Love You."
Carlee didn't hesitate. "I love you too." He smiled and giggled. That made me go crazy. She was so precious, so beautiful. My love for her was unconditional. I wanted to show her and explain to her how much she meant to me.
I sat up and pulled her into my lap. Her legs wrapped around the back of me. Then, I gingerly moved the her bangs away from her incredible eyes. I stared into them. My heart started to echo with here, like music to our ears.

I then held the back of her head and closed my eyes leaning in. The closed them tighter as I could feel her breath against my lips. Suddenly, hers pressed against mine and was moving in a sync motion as I tilted my head. Her lips were so soft. She felt warm against me. I slowly slipped my tongue into her mouth as she parted her lips slightly. Exploring her mouth and playing with her tongue, it tasted of green tea/peppermint. I never wanted to pull away at this point. Luckily she did first, as I opened my eyes, hers was still closed. Then, she opened them, and we stared at each other lovingly. We giggled to each other. I seriously wanted to do that for so long. I could tell by her face and pink cheeks she wanted to do that as well. My cheeks were very hot. I guess I was blushing too.

In the back of the room standing in the doorway was Felix. He stood strong and confident. He thought to himself. He was thinking so hard on his feelings for Kyle. But, as long as Kyle was happy, that's what made him Happy. That's all that Really Matters...