Introduction

****Riley's P.O.V.****

"Riley honey, can you and Maya come in here for a second?" My mom, Topanga, yelled from the kitchen. Maya groaned into my pillow in response, and I just yelled back a quick 'sure' before literally pulling Maya out of my bed.

"This better be good," Maya grumbled as she stood up from the ground and dusted herself off before walking to the living room and flopping on our couch.

"Okay girls, so we have some big news for you. As you both know, my old friend Amy Duncan and I recently reunited on Facebook." My mother paused, and we nodded for her to continue.

"Well, we have been trying to plan a vacation for a while now, and they said they have plenty of room for us, so we have decided that we are going to stay there for the summer! Isn't that exciting?" She asked, and I frowned. I will admit, I am going to miss seeing my best friend, but I've always wanted to travel somewhere outside of New York. So, I quickly placed a grin on my face to cover the frown. Maya, however, just picked at her nails and nodded her head, a bored expression plastered on her face.

"Have fun," she muttered, continuing to pick the black polish off of her nails.

"Well, that's not all," my father, Cory, said, an excited expression on his face.

"We have talked, and Maya's mother has agreed to let Maya come with us!"

Maya immediately perked up, and I saw a small smile tugging at her lips.

"Really?" She asked, and the answer only made her smile grow more.

"Yep! So get to packing girls, we leave for Denver in two days!"

"Two days? That's not nearly enough time to pack!" I said, stumbling my way off the couch and into my room. As soon as I got inside, I pulled out my hot pink suitcase set and started packing all of the necessities. You know, phone charger, headphones, backup phone charger, backup headphones, phone cases.

"Seriously Riles, you need to calm down." Maya said, and I just continued pulling dresses out of my dresser.

"Riley, calm down," I heard a deep voice say at the door. I looked up to see Lucas standing there, leaning against the doorframe.

"Where did Maya go? More importantly, how did you get in? My dad would never let you in the front door," I said, and he just chuckled.

"Your mom answered the door and told me that I should go calm you down, and Maya left after I told her that I got this one. But anyways, could you please inform me of what I am calming you down for?"

"Well, I don't think anyone can help me with this one. My parents just informed me that I need to pack a whole summers worth of clothes in two days."

"Why do you need to pack your clothes?" He asked, a confused look stuck on his face.

"My parents, Maya, and I are going to visit their old friends from high school and stay at their house for the summer. I honestly can't wait, my mom mentioned that they have a baby boy, a little girl, a boy our age, an 18 year old daughter and a 20 year old son."

"So let me get this straight. You're leaving me the whole summer to stay in the same house with another guy our age?"

"Yeah, and 2 littler kids. Why do you ask?"

"Is this guy who's the same age as us, do you, um, you know, uh, think he's attractive?" He asked, nervously scratching the back of his neck.

"I haven't seen any recent pictures, but he was an adorable baby," I said, giggling.