Chapter Three

****Riley's P.O.V.****

I am currently struggling to hold back from squealing at the adorableness that is Maya and Gabe.

All night, they have been talking and smiling and joking around with each other. The waitress has had to come over to our table 3 times already to tell them to be quiet since the restaurant is a little more on the classy side.

I looked over at my mom and saw her smirking at Gabe as he flirted with Maya. She must know something I don't.

And then there was my dad. If looks could kill, Gabe would've already died and gone to heaven. You see, since Maya always seems to be at my house, she has practically become part of the family. And my dad is very protective of his family, especially when it comes to Maya and I.

Then there was Auggie and Charlie. They have actually been getting along quite nicely so far. They were currently coloring each other's menus with the crayons provided by the restaurant. I'm surprised they even had kids menus here, considering it was a high-end/classy place.

Teddy and Spencer were flirting as usual, sharing a kiss every now and then.

Amy was staring at Gabe with a smug smile on her face. I saw her tap Bob's shoulder and discretely point to Maya trying to balance a spoon on her nose, Gabe doing the same.

"Aren't they adorable?" I heard mom whisper to dad. His whole body immediately tensed up and his jaw and fists became clenched.

"No," he growled. "They are not and never will be cute. Not on my watch."

"Come on, Cory. Lighten up a little bit," mom said, rubbing his shoulder. He seemed to calm down a bit, but his fists were still clenched. His whole body became clenched again, and I looked over to see Gabe and Maya holding hands over the table.

"It's like he wants me to kill him." Dad said, making my mom glare at him.

"Oh please, Cory. You need to calm down. They're just holding hands. It's not like they're kissing or something."

"I don't care. And if they do kiss, I swear I will kill him."

"Lighten up a bit, Cory."

"I will lighten up as soon as they stop holding hands."

Mom just let out a sigh and turned her attention back to her food.

I looked back up at them and saw Maya blushing at something Gabe said. He was smiling wide and she had a hint of a smile on her face.

I turned my attention back to my food, but still looked up at them every once in a while. As I finished my food and turned my full attention to them, I realized something.

I don't think Maya has ever been this happy.

****Maya's P.O.V.****

"Shut up," I laughed as Gabe started mimicking me.

"Shut up," he said in a girly voice, and I struggled to hold back my laughter.

"Stop it," I said, giggling a bit at the end.

"Stop it," he mimicked, and I burst out into laughter. He did the same, but I have a feeling that he wasn't mimicking me this time.

"Excuse me, Miss?" The waitress said snootily.

"Yes?" I asked, still laughing slightly.

"I'm afraid that I am going to have to tell you and your friend here to step outside. We have received many complaints about your noisiness."