Chapter Thirteen

****Maya's P.O.V.****

"How about this one?" Riley asked me, twirling around in her black lace dress.

"No, that's too winter-y," I told her, and she groaned.

"I'm never going to find an outfit," she said, dramatically flopping onto her bed.

"Yes you will," I told her, rolling my eyes. She can be so dramatic sometimes.

"But what if Lucas doesn't like it? I mean, he's the onl-"

"You know what?" I asked, standing up from the bed. "I'm going to pick an outfit for you. You can try it on, and if you don't like it, then you can continue trying on outfits. But if you do like it, then you have to stop bugging me about finding 'the perfect outfit'."

"Deal," she said with a smile, and I got to work, digging around in the giant pile of rejected clothes that was currently taking up the majority of our floor. I grabbed a random dress and jean jacket and threw them at her. She grabbed them and walked into the bathroom to try them on, not uttering a single word. I walked over to the vanity and grabbed the first gold necklace I saw, draping it over my arm. I then grabbed some gold dangly earrings and a charm bracelet before taking the tan fringe purse off the hook on the wall and putting it on my shoulder. As if on cue, Riley walked back in wearing the outfit and a large smile.

"Here, put these on," I told her, handing her everything in my arms and throwing the purse on her bed. She did as told, and I grabbed some tan strappy sandals and threw them at her. She put them on and zipped the back of them up, standing up from the bed afterwards and spinning around in the outfit.

"You're a genius, Maya!" She squealed, coming over to me and enveloping me in a bone crushing hug.

"Thanks," I managed to get out, barely able to breathe what with Riley crushing my insides and all. "Can you let go?"

She let go, and I gasped for air.

"Oh, stop being so dramatic," she said, rolling her eyes at me.

"Yeah, because I'm the dramatic one in this friendship."

She let out a small laugh before looking at my outfit.

"Dang, Maya. Gabe isn't going to be able to keep his eyes off of you," she told me.

"That's the point."

She let out a giggle, shaking her head.

"I'm not even going to ask. Now, how about I do your makeup and you don't complain about it, okay? Okay. Yeah, that's right. I just quoted the Fault In Our Stars."

I rolled my eyes and gave in. I knew she wasn't going to stop bothering me about it, so I might as well save myself an hour of arguing about it and just let her do it.

"Sure."

She squealed before dragging me over to the vanity and plopping me in the white wooden chair in front of it. She carried a white leather footrest and sat on it, grabbing her makeup from a drawer in the vanity. She applied some foundation all over my face and put some concealer on my forehead, chin, and some on my nose to cover up my light freckles. She lightly applied some blush to my cheekbones and swiped some white sparkly eyeshadow on my eyelids carefully. Finally, she brushed some mascara onto my eyelashes before snapping the lid back on and placing it back on the vanity with all of the other makeup.

"Perfect!"

I looked in the mirror and smiled at my reflection, Riley placing her hand on my shoulder.