Chapter Four

****Maya's P.O.V.****

"Yeah, you're definitely ready to face him."

"Are you sure, Riles? What about my hair, how does my hair look? Is my makeup smudged? Do I have a-"

"You look stunning, Maya. Now let's go down there and show him what he's missing."

"Okay, fine. But if he doesn't like it, I'm blaming it on you."

"Yeah, yeah. Now go," she said, shoving me out the door. I took a deep breath before proceeding to walk down the stairs. I became more and more nervous as I went down the stairs and I was about to turn around and run back up but a familiar voice stopped me.

"Maya?"

"Hey, Gabe," I smiled nervously, turning to face him.

"Wow," he said, his eyes trailing over every inch of my body. "You, uh, you look.. Gorgeous," he said, still looking me over.

"Thanks," I smiled, a blush creeping up on my cheeks.

"No need to thank me. I was only telling the truth."

I felt my blush grow, and was about to reply when Cory walked in. He took one look at me and immediately stopped.

"No."

"What's no?" I asked him, confused on what he meant by that.

"No as in there is no way you are wearing that."

"Why not? Riley and Gabe seemed to like it."

"If Gabe liked it then we definitely need to get you into some different clothes. I was thinking an old sweatshirt and sweatpants."

"Matthews, there's no reason to get worked up about something as little as my outfit. Besides, Riley chose this. Not me."

"There is no way my darling Riley picked that out for you."

"Oh, but she did. She also did my hair and makeup. She is a pure genius, don't you think?"

"No. And I she thought I was going to let you out wearing whatever that is, she's really clueless. Those shorts are way too short and that shirt isn't even a full shirt. And that sweater is completely see through. That isn't even a full outfit. That's like half an outfit."

"I'm wearing this, Matthews. Whether you like it or not."

With that, I grabbed Gabe's hand and walked into the kitchen. As soon as the door was shut behind me, I let out a sigh and leaned up against the table.

"You okay, Maya?" Gabe asked. He's too sweet.

"Yeah, I just don't get into fights with any members of the Matthews family very often. It's stressful."

"I'm sorry," he said, coming over to me and leaning on the table as well. I leaned my head on his shoulder and smiled.

"It's fine. I just need some time to think."

"You know what, I think I can help you out with that. Stay here."

"Okay," I replied, but he had already ran off, letting go of my hand that I hadn't realized was still in his.

"

****Gabe's P.O.V.****

"Mom, is it okay if I show Maya around town today?" I asked her, walking into her room.

"Ooh.. Like a date?" She asked, turning her attention to me and setting the folded laundry in the basket.

"No, mom. We've been over this before. Maya and I are just friends."