Chapter Six

****Shawn's P.O.V.****

I am mad.

Correction: I am beyond mad.

This 'Gabe' kid thinks he has Maya wrapped around his finger. Well, he's wrong. There are so many walls locked around her heart, just like her mothers. There is no possible way he could've even gotten close to knocking any of those walls down. Not in only 4 days.

Why she even let him put his arm around her remains a mystery to me. I'm surprised she didn't slap his arm away like she did when Zay tried wrapping his arm around her shoulders. Don't ask how I know. I just do.

"Stop! Gabe, stop!" I heard Maya yell.

That little prick.

I ran up the stairs and followed the sound of Maya's voice to a closed door with the name 'Gabe' printed across it in big bubble letter stickers.

Why in the hell are they alone in a room behind a closed door?

I shoved the door open to reveal Maya on his bed with him on top of her, and I felt my face turn red from anger.

"What is going on in here?" I boomed, feeling myself become more and more enraged. They both jumped, and he fell on the floor. I would laugh if I didn't feel the need to kill him. They both just stared at me with shocked expressions.

"Well?" I asked, tapping my foot impatiently.

"It was just a tickle fight, Shawn. Calm down," Maya said, making me blow up.

"You want ME to calm down?! I am perfectly calm. I'm totally and completely calm. I mean, I only just walked into some random guys bedroom to see him on top of my step daughter on the bed!"

"Shawn, listen to me when I say this. Calm. Down. He was just tickling me. No biggie."

"You're right. It's not a biggie. It's  a HUGIE! Why would you think that this is in any way appropriate?"

"We were just messing around. You're just making a problem out of nothing."

"SINCE WHEN IS HAVING A BOY ON TOP OF YOU ON TOP OF A BED BEHIND CLOSED DOORS NOT A PROBLEM?"

"God, there you go again! You aren't even listening to what I'm saying! We. Weren't. Doing. Anything! Can you just calm down? You don't even have a reason to be mad!"

"I have every right to be mad! I'm your step father!"

"Well you sure aren't acting like a very good one right now."

I felt a pain in my heart as soon as the words left her mouth, and she just pointed at the door.

"Just go, Shawn."

I nodded my head and turned around, starting to slowly make my way to the door, each step hurting more and more. I walked out the door and as soon as I shut it behind me, I leaned my back against it and slowly slid down. I ran a hand through my hair and let out a shaky sigh, tugging on the ends of my hair.

What did I just do?

****Maya's P.O.V.****

"Just go, Shawn."

I watched as his face instantly contorted, and he looked like he was about to.. Wait for it.. cry.

You may be wondering why that is so bad, but here's the thing. He never cries.

Ever.

I felt tears start welling up in my eyes, becoming glossy very quickly. I think Gabe noticed, because his expression softened when he looked at me.