Chapter Seventeen

(A/N: Okay guys, so I'm sorry for the lack in my updating skills lately. I'm just not really feeling this book anymore. I will continue to write it, but I can't promise you that it will be as good as the past chapters. I'm really done with the whole 'Brabrina' thing, so I don't really have the same passion for writing this book as I used to. I'm really sorry. Thanks so much for understanding, and you may now get back to reading the book!)

****Maya's P.O.V.****

"Gabe, I already told you, we can't kiss in public," I groaned, rolling my eyes at him. "That is, unless you want to get killed by Shawn and Cory."

"It's not my fault your lips are so kissable," he told me, leaning in and pecking my lips again.

"I swear to god, it's like you don't listen to a word I say," I muttered as he kissed all over my face, ending with yet another kiss on the lips.

"I listen when it's something I want to hear," he corrected me.

"You do realize that they could turn around at any second and catch you assaulting my face with your lips," I reminded him, and he chuckled.

"That's what makes it so fun."

He leaned in again and placed his lips to mine for a short second. I was about to pull away from him and turn my attention back to the movie that was currently playing on the big screen when he grabbed my hips and faced them toward him again, ultimately making my body face him before he placed his lips back on mine. This kiss lasted a lot longer than the other ones, and I felt butterflies begin to gather in my stomach as we kissed, letting our lips separate and then join back together many times before they finally attached completely. I wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled through the kiss, feeling his hands snake around my waist and pull me closer to his body.

I don't know why, but in that moment I completely lost all common sense. I forgot that we were sitting in the middle row of a public movie theater with Shawn, Cory, Topanga, Amy and Bob in the row in front of us. I forgot that Riley and Lucas were in the row in front of the parents, probably being the usual middle school couple that they've always been. I forgot that at any waking moment, Cory or Shawn could turn around and see us kissing.

I forgot that I wasn't supposed to be letting myself fall for him.

But, I forgot all of my common sense and kissed him back, a smile growing on his face as I did so. I felt one of his hands move to my neck, pulling me closer to him and deepening the kiss. I tried scooting closer to him, but the arm rest was in the way. I groaned and pulled away from his lips, pushing it up so I could be closer to Gabe.

I don't know what it was about that moment that had me so wrapped up in kissing him that made me forget everything I was doing to protect myself, but I couldn't describe the feeling. His kisses felt different for some reason, and they made it impossible for me to not want them. I scooted in my chair, getting a bit closer to him, and I wrapped my arms around his neck, leaning in and kissing him yet again.

I must've taken him by surprise, because it took him a second to kiss back. Once he finally did, though, he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me even closer. I smiled through the kiss, his lips still kissing me slowly and with such passion.

"Ahem," someone coughed, and I quickly pulled away from Gabe, slowly looking up in hopes that it wasn't Shawn or Cory. "What do you two kids think you're doing?"

"Ummm....."

"We were just making sure that we both brushed our teeth," Gabe interrupted me.

"Yeah, sure you were. Now are you going to tell me the truth or not?"