Chapter Two

****Maya's P.O.V.****

'And I know she'll be the death of me, at lest we'll both be numb.
And she'll always get the best of me, the worst is yet to come.
But at least we'll both be beautiful and stay forever young.
This I know, yeah, this I know.
She told me don't worry, about it.
She told me don't worry, no more.
We both know we can't go without it.
She told me you'll never be in love, oh, oh, oh,' my alarm clock blasted, waking me up from my peaceful sleep. I hit the 'Alarm off' button, and the music immediately stopped.

I rubbed my eyes groggily to wake myself up a little more and groaned when I found it to be unsuccessful.

"How late did you stay up last night? I heard you get up and go downstairs at like 3 in the morning," Riley asked, yawning before getting up and walking over to the closet that we were sharing.

"I honestly have no clue. I just couldn't sleep. I had a lot on my mind," I replied as she grabbed some white shorts and a floral tank top. She walked into the bathroom to get changed, and when she did, I managed to force myself to get up and get dressed also. I grabbed a long sleeve white lace crop top and a pair of denim shorts before stripping my pajamas off. I pulled the outfit on quickly and as I finished buttoning my shorts, Riley came back out.

"Dang, Maya. Slayy," she said, and I laughed at her before running a hand through my untamable blonde curls.

"Thanks, Riles. Now let's go downstairs and see what they have for breakfast. I'm starving," I said, opening the door and running downstairs, her following close behind.

I had to refrain myself from saying 'Sup, losers' while walking into the kitchen since Cory made it very obvious that they may take offense to it. As we walked in, we saw the Matthews sitting at the dining room table with the Duncan's, deep in conversation. There was 3 chairs open, and I looked around, not seeing anyone missing.

"Who's the extra chair for?" I asked, causing everyone's attention to turn to Riley and I.

"My boyfriend, Spencer, is coming over to eat with us," Teddy responded, and I just nodded my head before turning back to the counter and placing 2 slices of French toast on my plate. I grabbed the strawberries and placed 2 in the middle before adding a couple raspberries. I sprinkled some powdered sugar on to before topping it with a spoonful of brown sugar. I went to sit down in the chair next to Auggie and Charlie, but Riley ran over to the spot and sat down, shooting me a smirk. I didn't realize exactly why she was smirking until I realized that the only spot left was next to Gabe.

I shot her a glare from across the table before placing my plate on the table and sitting down next to Gabe. He smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back at him before turning my attention to the French toast on my plate. I sawed through the moist bread with my butter knife while holding it in place with my fork. I continued doing this until both pieces were cut up, and then immediately dug in.

"This is amazing," I said in between bites of French toast.

"Thanks," the older one said. I believe his name was PJ.

I just hummed in response before taking another bite of the heavenly breakfast. We all continued talking, and before we knew it everyone was finished and we were just enjoying our separate conversations.

"So what you're telling me is that you actually convinced your mom that you were sick and needed to go to the hospital just so you didn't have to go to a school play?" I asked Gabe, trying not to burst out laughing.