Chapter Ten

****Gabe's P.O.V.****

Kill.
Me.
Now.

Maya and Lucas are down here on the couch while I am sitting on my beanbag, trying to play my video game.

"Lucas," I heard Maya giggle, and I turned my headphones volume up louder in annoyance.

"Lucas," she giggled again, still very audible through my headphones. I turned them up louder to the point where the sounds of the video game were echoing off the walls of my head.

"Lucas, st-"

"Oh my god, could you stop?!" I asked as I took my headphones off, the words coming out a lot more harsh than I intended for them to.

"Lucas, could you leave me and Gabe alone?" Maya asked, and I let out a gulp.

"But-" he started, but she cut him off.

"Lucas," she warned, and he took a minute to look back and forth between us before slowly getting up and making his way up the stairs.

"What is your problem?" Maya asked as soon as Lucas was out of sight.

"What do you mean? I don't have a problem," I lied.

"Gabe, I'm not blind. You've been ignoring me all week, and when you actually do talk to me, you have a pissed off tone and you don't pay attention to what I say. So, I will ask you again. What's your problem?"

"It's nothing."

"Mhmm, sure," she sarcastically replied, rolling her beautiful blue eyes.

God, she's making it really hard to not like her.

"I don't have a problem. I'm perfectly fine."

"Liar."

"I am not a liar."

"Yes you are."

"You can't prove that."

"Your pinkie twitched."

"And that matters because?"

"Teddy told me that whenever you lie, your pinkie twitches. So, why don't you make it easier on both of us and tell me why you hate me all of a sudden."

I let out a deep sigh, running a hand through my hair.

"I don't hate you."

"Then why are you ignoring me? What did I do that was so bad that you can't even talk to me anymore? Did I say something wrong? Please tell me why you don't want to talk to m-"

I cut her off by stepping closer to her and pulling her face toward mine, me placing my lips on hers. I felt sparks flying everywhere, and I cupped her cheeks as I kissed her. She was hesitant at first, but eventually she gave in and kissed back, wrapping her arms around my neck. I pulled away and she stood there in shock of what had just happened. I smiled at her face that was turning an adorable shade of red from embarrassment.

"Why do guys automatically use that to get me to stop talking?" She mumbled, and my smile disappeared off of my face.

"Who else cut you off like that?" I asked trough my gritted teeth.

"Lucas."

As soon as the words slipped her mouth my whole body tensed.

That little son of a bi-

"Gabe, are you okay?" Maya asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I'm just peachy," I grumbled under my breath.