Chapter Seven

****Maya's P.O.V.****

I woke up with a small smile stuck on my face. My eyes fluttered open to see that I was in a different room from the one I was used to. I looked around and saw a bunch of unfamiliar items surrounding me. There was a black nightstand with a silver alarm clock perched on top, some clothes scattered across the dark hardwood floor, a black TV stand with a sleek black flatscreen TV atop it, and the whole room was painted dark grey.

I started to get out of bed, only to be pulled right back down by a pair of arms wrapped securely around my waist. I turned to see why I couldn't get up, only to come face to face with a sleeping Gabe. I smiled at his face, laughing quietly at the drool coming out of his open mouth and his messy hair.

"Oh. My. God. This is so adorable!!!!" I heard Riley's voice say, causing me to turn my head.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked her, attempting and once again failing failing to sit up.

Why does he have to be so strong?

"I was just coming to wake Gabe up. But this.. This is just adorable."

"What's adorable?" I asked, finally managing to remove Gabe's arms from my waist and pulling myself out of bed.

"You guys were cuddling!" She whisper squealed, and I felt a blush rise to my cheeks.

"We were not!"

"Yeah, sure. So how was your little day out?" She asked, and I felt a smile grow on my face as I thought of the treehouse. "Oh my gosh. You're blushing. You have to tell me what happened!"

"There's nothing much to tell. We just walked around a bit, hung out at this cool old treehouse, and then we kissed twice. You know, no biggie."

"OH MY GOD YOU GUYS KISHMEED?" She exclaimed, me slapping my hand over her mouth before she could finish saying the word 'kissed'. She licked my hand and I grimaced before pulling it away from her mouth, proceeding to wipe my hand off on my jeans.

"Yes, we did. You are the first to know, and I'd like to keep it that way. If Cory or Shawn found out about this they would completely freak. So I would appreciate it if you could not yell it loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear."

"Okay, okay. But I can't help it. You had your first kiss. Even better, it was with someone other than my Uncle Josh. You can't blame me for being excited."

"I'm not blaming you. I am just simply not wanting you to wake Gabe, or even worse, Shawn."

"Why would it be worse if I woke Shawn?"

"Gabe knows about the kiss. Shawn doesn't. I'm pretty sure that Gabe likes us together. Shawn doesn't. Do you get where I'm going with this, or should I continue?"

"I get it now. And just so you know, Gabe definitely likes you guys together. There's no 'pretty sure' about it."

"Yeah, sure. Whatever you say," I scoffed, running a hand through my messy and tangled blonde curls.

"He has seriously told you to your face that he likes you. What more reassurance do you need?"

"You know I have trust issues, Riley. It takes a long time to gain my trust, and until he does that, I am not going to be able to ever fully believe that. And since most people don't care enough to do so, I'm pretty sure that he doesn't like me."

"Oh, come on, Maya. Even I can agree that you are being way too stubborn about this. Why can't you just let yourself like him? Why do you have to make this so much harder on yourself?"

"Because I just can't, Riley."

"Why, Maya?"

"Why what?"