Chapter Nineteen

(A/N: Hey guys, I'm sorry for taking so long to update. I have to tell you that this chapter has some cussing in it, so if you're uncomfortable with cursing, I suggest you skip over the parts with it. Love you.)

****Maya's P.O.V.****

"Maya," Gabe pleaded, knocking on my door. "Come on, Maya. Open up. I know you're in there."

I didn't say anything, burying my head deeper into my pillow.

"Maya," he repeated, "I really need to talk to you."

Once again, I didn't reply, laying still on my bed.

"Fine, you leave me no choice," he said, and I heard some rustling in the hallway before the door made a clicking sound and creaked open. I could feel Gabe's eyes on my body, and his sigh echoed off the walls of the room.

"Maya," he breathed out, walking over to the bed and sitting on the edge of it. "Why are you ignoring me?"

I still didn't reply, although it was becoming harder not to. I didn't mean to be rude to him, I just needed some time to figure out my feelings. Not only for him, but for Lucas. I mean, that kiss obviously meant something to me, and I know Gabe and I's kiss meant something to me, but I need to figure out whose meant more to me, who I had deeper feelings for.

"Come on Maya, talk to me. If you're going to ignore me, I at least deserve to know the reason why."

I didn't respond again, listening to his voice get sadder and sadder by the second.

"Maya, please," he whispered, and I swore I heard his voice crack. That was all I could take before I sighed, throwing the blankets off of me and enveloping him in a hug. He seemed a bit shocked at first, but he came to his senses after about 3 seconds and wrapped his arms around me, holding me tightly. He breathed in before letting out a deep sigh, his warm breath tickling my skin.

"I'm sorry," I whispered into his neck, letting out a shaky breath. "I'm so, so sorry."

"Don't be sorry," he whispered back, and I felt a tear slide down my cheek.

"No, I'm a horrible girlfriend. I kissed Lucas, I didn't tell you about it, and I ignored you. I'm just a mess."

He pulled away from the hug immediately, and I was taken aback when he grinned at me, happiness radiating off of his body.

"Girlfriend?" He asked, and it took a second for my brain to register what he meant by 'girlfriend'.

After a few seconds of deep thinking, it finally clicked, and my eyes widened.

"I-uh, I d-"

"You just called yourself my girlfriend," he beamed.

"Gabe, listen-"

"The Maya Hart is my girlfriend."

"About tha-"

"My girlfriend, Maya Hart."

I'm done trying to talk.

"Yep, that's me," I said, not really knowing how much I meant it. "Your girlfriend."

"Oh my gosh, this can't be real," he gushed, and I rolled my eyes.

It won't be for much longer if you don't shut up about it.

His smile instantly dropped into a frown, and he almost looked a bit angry.

Shit, did I say that out loud?

"What's wrong?" I questioned, placing a hand on his shoulder only to have him jerk it away from my grasp.

"You liar," he scowled at me, standing up from the bed. I was taken aback by his sudden change in mood, watching as he stood up from the bed and his whole body tensed. "You fucking lied to me!"

"W-What?" I stuttered, feeling a lump grow in the back of my throat.

"You kissed him! You kissed Lucas!"

"Gabe-"

"No! What's next, did you kiss that Josh guy too?"

I stayed silent, looking down at my hands as I bit down on my bottom lip. The tears were beginning to gather in my eyes, and I did everything in my power to hold them back.

"You did, didn't you?!"

"I'm not proud of-"

"You slut!" Gabe yelled, and my I felt a wave of pain go through my chest. "You cheated on me with two other guys!"

It was at this point that I felt a tear drop down my cheek, and I looked up at him to see an emotion I couldn't quite make out in his eyes, swallowing his usual doe brown eyes into a pit of darkness.

"What, can you not keep your hands to yourself or something? Have you always been such a whore?!"

I couldn't hold my tears back any longer and they all spilled out, me hiccuping to keep my sobs quiet.

He's right. I'm just a slut who can't learn to stick to one person. I'm never satisfied.

"You really think that crying is going to make me pity you? You think your broken home is an excuse to run around and hook up with whoever you want? Newsflash, the world doesn't work like that. And if you ever thought it did, you are sadly mistaken," he sneered at me before walking out the door, leaving me sobbing on the bed.

He has a good point. I'm just a selfish bitch who uses her broken life as an excuse for everything wrong I do. I don't deserve to be here, I don't deserve to have the privilege to be treated to this nice house in a nice room with a nice family.

I don't deserve any of this.

Suddenly, I felt myself pushing off the bed and grabbing my clothes off of the floor. I carried them over to my empty suitcase, shoving them in there and stuffing them so they fit. I grabbed my shoes and shoved them in there too, stuffing them all together into a big messy pile. I pulled the top over it, tears still streaming down my face, and I zipped it up. I rolled it over to my bed and slid it under, proceeding to wipe the tears off my cheeks.

I grabbed my ticket that I had kept in between my mattress and my bed frame and stared at it, my eyes looking back and forth between the part where it said 'Round Trip' to the part where it said 'New York City, NY to Denver, CO'. I felt the tears gather in my eyes, but rather than letting them fall, I pushed them back. I shoved the ticket in the front pocket of the suitcase, breathing heavily.

I guess this is it.

I guess it's final.

I guess I'm going back to New York.

(A/N: Hello, my lovely Snowflakes! How are all of you? I'm sorry for the super short chapter but it's all I can handle at the moment. I know this is a kind of depressing chapter but I'm in a kind of depressed mood right now so I guess that's where it came from. Huge shoutout to ggmarsh who really helped me through a rough patch I was having tonight. I love you, Sneaky Sneak. Also, shoutout to novalynn29 for proofreading this. I know we're not as talkative right now, for what reason I'm not sure of, but I love you nonetheless. And, shoutout to all of you constant voters and commenters. Your sweet comments never cease to make my day and I love you so so so much. You really have gotten me through some fought times. And now, back to tHIS BITCH WHO HAD A LOT TO SAY ABOUT ME THE OTHER DAY IN THE PRESS MILEY WHAT'S GOOD?! Sorry, I had to. Thanks for reading, and I love you all, my Snowflakes!)