Chapter 15

*Josh's POV*

Light danced upon the wall as the sun began to rise, signaling the next day. As much as I hated it, I knew I needed to get up.

I have a lot of things to catch up on, so I can't afford to skip... My brain reminded me.

Reluctantly, I rolled out of my angel of a bed and walked over to the suitcase I never bothered to unpack. Pulling out the first set of clothes my hands touched, I headed to the bathroom for a shower. I placed my clothes down, but realized I forgot my shampoo and body wash.

Ugh... I'm still half asleep...

I sluggishly wandered back to my room to grab the necessities. Opening the door, I noticed something odd. I could have sworn that I saw a figure standing in front of the window, but as soon as my eyes focused, there was nothing there. I rubbed my eyes lightly as I strolled back towards my suitcase, grabbing my shower bag.

Re-entering the bathroom, I turned on the water, giving it a chance to heat up. While I waited, I took off my pajama shirt, revealing the abs I had worked hard to develop.

Wow, way to sound conceited... I inwardly scolded in an attempt to humble myself. 

 As if there were an imaginary scar the left side of my chest, I placed my hand lightly over my heart.

It still hurts, even to this day...

Staring deeply into the bathroom mirror, I pondered as my thoughts drifted back to the day I met her.

***

Rain was flowing down on the roof of the restaurant. I was supposed to meet someone for my father, seeing as how it has now gotten to the point that he is unable to come out of the house. There are so many people who want to kill him that he has resorted to sending me out as his "personal errand boy".

Does he not care that I too could be assassinated? I sighed sharply. 

The waitress noted my obvious frustration, but rather decided not to get involved.

"Sir, would you like a refill on that coffee of yours?"

Shaking my head, I answered rather overtly, "No. It seems like the man I was supposed to meet had better things to do. I'll be going now."

I placed the money on the table, flipped up the hood on my jacket, and walked out the door. Frustrated and irritated, I practically stormed out of the door, however in one single instant, all of that changed. As soon as I walked out of the restaurant, I was hit with the most pleasant smell of cherry blossoms. I knew instantly that my mate was near by. I could feel it. My heart began to race with both excitement and slight anxiousness as I turned towards the smell.

I felt as all time began to slow as our eyes met.

However, she had her arms around another man who was facing away from me.

I felt my heart sink as I watched the scene play out. She was hugging this guy when she looked up and made eye contact with me. I averted my gaze and looked at my car. I decided I should leave as quickly as possible.

However, when she released the man, he turned around and made eye contact with me.

"Josh?" The man questioned.

My eyes shot open in pure disbelief. "Aaron? Aaron Monroe?"

"Yeah, man! It's me! How you doing, cousin?"